Dean Del Sol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Del Sol?

Have any of you tried one of these out? I've been eyeballing them for a couple of weeks or so. They look real nice.

they look really nice, i found the one i played didnt play that well though. could have just been me...
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Hey Skullkrusher, I can help you out there.

I have had my Dean Chafin Del Sol (the transparent red one) for about a year and a half.

I think it's a fantastic guitar. The woods look of higher quality than my Gibson sadly (the mahogany is drop dead gorgeous). The construction is pretty good. It's not perfect, there was a little spot or two on mine where the dye leaked a bit onto the binding, but overall it is pretty great. The tuners and switches and overall electronics are very good. The pickups offer a solid jazz tone. Plugged in it is warm and airey.

I'm thinking of switching out the pups now because I want something that's a bit more chimey, but the actual guitar I'd be crazy to get rid of. The inlays were what originally snagged me in and they definitely add a unique vibe to it.

I recommend trying one out and getting a feel for it yourself. I love mine, not as much as my hot rodded Gibby, but it has it's own place in my guitar collection. The playability on mine was fantastic so maybe it's a quality control issue : / .
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Check out my first recorded mp3 from my website (the www link in my post). That will give you a basic idea of the tone... although the quality is pretty bad.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!!

Comment

Working...
          X