banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardtail Strat v.s. Tremolo Strat: Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hardtail Strat v.s. Tremolo Strat: Difference?

A 59 now. It was SSS before.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
      I am not sure. I do not have a hardtail Strat, but in a recent comparison of my new hardtail Player Series Lead III, my hardtail '81 Lead II and my Kahler'd '62 RI Strat I think my Lead II is more jangley than my RI Strat. Before I choose sides I need to bust out my backup MIM Strat I am trying to sell and hear how the Fender trem compares.
      I spent some time today comparing my Fender single coil guitars. It is just not a level playing field with the X-1's in my Lead II. The X-1 has "more" of everything single coil. I am confident that is why my hardtail Lead II is more jangley.

I now return you to those who have comparable pickup loaded hardtail and tremolo Strats.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I have never liked decked strat sound, so I doubt the hardtail will improve from there. Has to be floating, and usually prefer three springs, so it does not feel stiff and unresponsive and keeps in tune.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
        X