banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New eBay guitar, (pre-Duncan), and a clip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New eBay guitar, (pre-Duncan), and a clip.

Sounded good to me. I love the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by FenderBoy
      . . . Do you mind if I burn it to disc, I'd like to have that on a party mix?
      I'ld be honored. Keep in mind, its just a rough draft. I hope to build on the drums, and develop a chorus as soon as I can.

Originally posted by FenderBoy
      I'm very biased about that guitar though, my first guitar was a peavey Patriot (natural finish) I lost that guitat in a bet for an Evander Holyfield fight. I can't remeber if he won or lost the fight but if I won that bet I would have had a stand up Arcade version wrestlign video game.
      Thats a tough break. I'm really starting to like these older Peavey's. Did the guy, (gal?), who won it, play it?

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
        yo Artie, did ya dicide? I played one of those patriots, really nice guitar.
        Sorry for being wishy-washy bean, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of them now. I just took my cheap(ish) Strat apart to fix a tremolo problem, and discovered that it has a swimming-pool route. So, I may switch the Stag Mags over to it, and restore the Patriot.

Part of the problem with the SM's in the Patriot is, it has a "vintage" spaced bridge, and the strings aren't even close to lining up with the p'ups. (The Stag Mags, that is.)

I'll try to decide one way or t'other soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
          That's a sweet sounding guitar. I wouldn't touch it if I were you.

Love the playing too. There's just something about the playing of an older guy that I like, maybe it's that we've led a life? We are the same age BTW. I must sort out some kind of clip, if you can do it - so can I.

But don't touch that guitar, whatever you do.

Lee
          Thanks Lee;

Its funny you should say that. I just disassembled the Strat last night. The Stag Mags are going into it, and the Patriot is getting "restored".

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
            I'ld be honored. Keep in mind, its just a rough draft. I hope to build on the drums, and develop a chorus as soon as I can.

Thats a tough break. I'm really starting to like these older Peavey's. Did the guy, (gal?), who won it, play it?
            Yep he played it , at least for a while as far as I know. It was one of my close friend's younger brother who won it. He really wanted to leaern to play guitar ( I think he was about 15 yrs old) so losing the guitar to him was almost like letting him borrow it permanently so he could learn to play.

Who knows maybe I'll get it back some day :-)
            2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

Working...
            X