No announcement yet.

Looking for a decent experiment guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a decent experiment guitar.

Something to learn on and have fun with that will deal well with everything I'll put it through and still sound good in all styles. I was thinking mainly of a hamer off of e-bay, or possibly an agile. Price range of under $300. Looking for something with decent woods and make, not strat or tele style. A floyd would be nice to try, and either H-H, H-S-H, or S-S-H set up. Fast action and versitile. Anything from a LP style to an ibanez or jackson like style goes. Just looking for a little input for the best value I can get on a cheap guitar.
    Last edited by italic zero; 03-15-2004, 10:06 PM.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Try the Peavey V Series ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Ibanez... but I don't know how easy they are to mod. My "expiriment" guitar is a used epi explorer. It has plenty of room under the pick gaurd and enough pot holes. It's not a trem type and I can only fit humbuckers.... but it's a start.
      Last edited by jetjoe002; 03-16-2004, 11:01 AM.
      Sonic the Hedgehog blows my mind!!!

Comment

agile's would work.......don't rule out strats though.....you could score a nice mexican used for that price, and one with a swimming pool route......tons of options there!?!
        Originally posted by jeremy
        God hates bad guitar tone
        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

if your looking for something to mod like switching out pickups and what not i'd recomend a strat. that way you can change out pickguards with diffrent pickup configurations and not have to worry about non professional routing.
          '05 Gibson SG Standard
          '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
          PRS IRW McCarty
          '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
          82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

godin (sdxt at least) the cheaper end have simmingpool route, yet decent tone and sustain, mines a h-s-h, the sd i believe to be a s-s-h. gives u options....
            Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
            Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
            Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
            Crate VC-3112
            Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

I'm falling in love with the agile PS-90 blue flame. With some SDs that's looking pretty nice.
              Originally posted by The Minstrel
              Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Working...
              X