Clear All

Re: Splawn all 3 gears clip

He also has videos on www.youtube.com
    Just search "Shreder75"
    This space is for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
      You've got one, "1st gear splawn...OD1 and 2" on your Soundclick page.

oh yeah..there's also a second gear clip (we die young) done with my EBMM JP 6 and a third gear clip..ozzy splawn..I thought you meant THIS particular clip..my bad
      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
      George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
      My Gear Pix
      My SPLAWN Clips
      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy
        He also has videos on www.youtube.com
        Just search "Shreder75"
        you can get to all of those through my signature now actually...a friend of mine was good enough to host them for me..
        Splawn QR
        Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
        Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
        My Gear Pix
        My SPLAWN Clips
        My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by shreder75
          you can get to all of those through my signature now actually...a friend of mine was good enough to host them for me..
          They were all great! I love the one where your dogs comes out of nowhere. haha. It looked like he had some fun.
          This space is for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy
            They were all great! I love the one where your dogs comes out of nowhere. haha. It looked like he had some fun.
            lol...yeah, she likes third gear
            Splawn QR
            Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
            Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
            My Gear Pix
            My SPLAWN Clips
            My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

oh yeah..there's also a second gear clip (we die young) done with my EBMM JP 6 and a third gear clip..ozzy splawn..I thought you meant THIS particular clip..my bad
              I listened to those too.

I like the sound of it better in 1st gear OD2. Much more open there. It has that Marshall-like quality to it. I could handle one of those that's just 1st gear with OD1 and OD2, nothing else.

Comment

great riffs, tone, chops and good gosh now I dont know if I like a splawn or a bogner better.

chris
                "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Does his 900 have reverb? That'll tell me right away what model it is if it has reverb or not, or at least narrow it down a lot.
                  No reverb and I asked him which one and its a mark III something or other he thinks. why wanna buy it? LMAO..

shreders "we die young" clip is honestly my favorite. Its the best and I think only 3rd gear rhtyhm clip out there. He actually SOLD me on getting a new QR, after I think I sold him on clips of my old one,, ha ha ha.

but sorry Shreder, I disagree, the amp is tight whether the mids or up or down, I don't hear what your talking about,, ..
                  Dirrty Hairy - A Tribute To Hair Metal

'05 Splawn/Mansel Custom Strat
                  '95 PRS Custom 24
                  '89 PRS CE 24

'05 Splawn Quick Rod
                  '04 Splawn Quick Rod
                  Splawn 4-12
                  Marshall JCM 800 4-12

Comment

Originally posted by DirrtyCraig
                    No reverb and I asked him which one and its a mark III something or other he thinks. why wanna buy it? LMAO..
                    I already have a MkIII 2100. I'd love another one but can't afford it right now. Honestly, if his sounds like @ss, it needs new tubes and a rebias. The MkIII's are IMO the best of the 900's. The SL-X is right there with 'em (with EL34's though). But since he's getting his own QR he's probably just gonna sell it anyway. Seriously though, the MkIII's kick @ss.

Can you order a Splawn in any configuration or is it just based on what's available? What if someone wanted a QR that's 1st gear only with OD1 and OD2?

Comment

Erik,

I believe the Competition or Pro Stock would be what you want. just the 1 gear and OD1/2 I believe.

honestly,, I'm really not into the 900's sound at all. your clips are good playing, but I don't like that tone. His has all new tubes and is biased by the same guy who does all of Slaughters amps here in town,, it still sounds like crap. Another guy I know uses one, sounds bad, brittle and fuzzy..

I did a gig last March opening for FireHouse and Bill Leverty was using rented JCM 900's,, awful. .. and then theres Slash and his buzz-sawwww tone, great player terrible tone. Sorry!!

that being said, I love JCM800's and any old 50 or 100 Plexi with a good mod..
                      Dirrty Hairy - A Tribute To Hair Metal

'05 Splawn/Mansel Custom Strat
                      '95 PRS Custom 24
                      '89 PRS CE 24

'05 Splawn Quick Rod
                      '04 Splawn Quick Rod
                      Splawn 4-12
                      Marshall JCM 800 4-12

Comment

Erik,

I believe the Competition or Pro Stock would be what you want. just the 1 gear and OD1/2 I believe.

honestly,, I'm really not into the 900's sound at all. your clips are good playing, but I don't like that tone. His has all new tubes and is biased by the same guy who does all of Slaughters amps here in town,, it still sounds like crap. Another guy I know uses one, sounds bad, brittle and fuzzy..

I did a gig last March opening for FireHouse and Bill Leverty was using rented JCM 900's,, awful. .. and then theres Slash and his buzz-sawwww tone, great player terrible tone. Sorry!!

that being said, I love JCM800's and any old 50 or 100 Plexi with a good mod..
                        Thanks, Craig. I'll take a look at those two for kicks once the site is available. Apparently they exceeded their bandwidth.

It's ok that you're not in to the 900 sound. I don't like the Dual Reverbs very much at all. They're missing the mojo. But I'm really partial to the MkIII's. I was hesitant when I was looking for a new amp at the time but a buddy of mine turned me on to the one I have. They're looser than you like so I know where you're coming from. Thanks for the compliment. The playing could be better on those.

Slash's tone was great on Appetite but once he went to the Jubilee, blahhhh, awful. I haven't liked his tone much since. His tone on Velvet Revolver's Contraband is better, but still nothing like Appetite.

Comment

Slash's tone was great on Appetite but once he went to the Jubilee, blahhhh, awful. I haven't liked his tone much since. His tone on Velvet Revolver's Contraband is better, but still nothing like Appetite.
                          Tangent:

Slash, that recent Clapton vid someone posted and Tom Scholz all absolutely defile the sound a Les Paul through a Marshall should have... Total Blasphemy I never understood how anyone could sound so thin as those guys do with one

Craig, something is def different to my ears, and I'm listening on pretty good speakers...perhaps it's the new amp, or the software? :shrug:

Regardless, killer clip..keep 'em coming!
                          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I listened to those too.

I like the sound of it better in 1st gear OD2. Much more open there. It has that Marshall-like quality to it. I could handle one of those that's just 1st gear with OD1 and OD2, nothing else.
                            then a competition would be right up your alley..

crap, no clean on that one though...
                            Splawn QR
                            Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                            Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
                            My Gear Pix
                            My SPLAWN Clips
                            My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

shreders "we die young" clip is honestly my favorite. Its the best and I think only 3rd gear rhtyhm clip out there. He actually SOLD me on getting a new QR, after I think I sold him on clips of my old one,, ha ha ha.

but sorry Shreder, I disagree, the amp is tight whether the mids or up or down, I don't hear what your talking about,, ..

dirrty scary is what did it to me..hehehe....all the other clips on the site only reinforced that...

but you disagree with me?? I'll have to have a talk with you when you get home young man..

LMAO...as I said, maybe I'm just bein' an idiot..it's happened before..hehe
                              Splawn QR
                              Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                              Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
                              My Gear Pix
                              My SPLAWN Clips
                              My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

then a competition would be right up your alley..

crap, no clean on that one though...
                                I could care less about a clean channel. I roll back the guitar volume if I want clean. (yes, I'm old school. )

The Competition looks good spec wise. I guess having second gear is some nice added flexibility but I'd rather it just be 1st gear with OD1 and OD2, nothing else. Solo Boost is a nice feature though. I have that ability in mine with Master B.

What I love about my Marshall is it's a simple 1 channel amp with two independent master volumes. No frills, nothing fancy. If I ever were to retire it and get something else, I'd want one pretty similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X