Brobucker Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brobucker Reviews

I put mine in mt Kramer F1000, Alder or basswood body with maple/rosewood neck, Floyd Rose and only the bridge bucker, on a slant.

I find it tight but not compressed with great top-end. As stated before, it really bridges the gap between vintage and modern.

I can't say if it will stay where I put it, but it will probably always have a home in one of my guitars.

Trevor
    www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01
      Luke Duke - what guitar did you try it in?
      I put mine in my Heritage H150 (LP) with tonepros hardware.

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
        I put mine in my Heritage H150 (LP) with tonepros hardware.

Luke
        Luke...you swapped out the Schaller bridge on yours? Or did yours even have it to begin with? How was the improvement? (sorry for the hijack)
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
          Luke...you swapped out the Schaller bridge on yours? Or did yours even have it to begin with? How was the improvement? (sorry for the hijack)
          I swapped it out for a tonepros slotted bridge, and matching aluminum TP.

I thought it made a pretty big difference. The Schaller hardware is made of zinc IIRC like the regular line Gibson stuff, very VERY heavy. I'd almost say stiflingly heavy. I like the idea behind the roller bridge, but on a stop bar guitar is seems kind of unnecessary.

After putting on the tone pros the first thing I noticed was an improvement in presence (like amp knob presence) which could translate to jangle to some folks ears. It makes the guitar more useableto tone shaping....for lack of a better term. To clarify, in my opinion the more you can control a guitar more more you can personally shape the tone you get from it. I think you have more sustain potential (lots is in the hands of course) because there is less mass for the energy to overcome.

I'm sure that's real convoluted, and as clear as mud.

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I swapped it out for a tonepros slotted bridge, and matching aluminum TP.

I thought it made a pretty big difference. The Schaller hardware is made of zinc IIRC like the regular line Gibson stuff, very VERY heavy. I'd almost say stiflingly heavy. I like the idea behind the roller bridge, but on a stop bar guitar is seems kind of unnecessary.

After putting on the tone pros the first thing I noticed was an improvement in presence (like amp knob presence) which could translate to jangle to some folks ears. It makes the guitar more useableto tone shaping....for lack of a better term. To clarify, in my opinion the more you can control a guitar more more you can personally shape the tone you get from it. I think you have more sustain potential (lots is in the hands of course) because there is less mass for the energy to overcome.

I'm sure that's real convoluted, and as clear as mud.

Luke
            Totally understand what you mean (how scary is that? ) In essence (IMO)...It's easy to minimize that frequency/characteristic you spoke of when present if need be, but there is no way to add it if it's not there to begin with.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
              Totally understand what you mean (how scary is that? ) In essence (IMO)...It's easy to minimize that frequency/characteristic you spoke of when present if need be, but there is no way to add it if it's not there to begin with.
              It took you a lot less room to say that than it did me. Reminds me of Lord of War.

Some people call me "The Lord of War" but I think you are the real Lord or War

Nono I think you mean Warlord

Thanks, but I prefer it my way

Comment

It took you a lot less room to say that than it did me. Reminds me of Lord of War.

Some people call me "The Lord of War" but I think you are the real Lord or War

Nono I think you mean Warlord

Thanks, but I prefer it my way

Whatever works

Comment

Jeff, I think you're gonna like this pup. I'm starting to think it is one of if not if not THE best balanced Duncan.

Luke

Comment

well i finished my "evil brobucker" project. now i just need a guitar to put it in LOL.

black cover and black 3/4" long hex head screws. being that i used 3/4" long screws just like the normal flat head ones VS the typical 5/8" long hex heads used on stock duncans i think the sound change from stock may be very little if any at all. i have a feeling the length of the screw plays a bit more of a roll in sound than head shape. it's not like i'd know anyway since i never used it with the chrome cover or chrome screws anyway LOL

oh and MJ did spell my name correct

-Mike
                    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

holy sh!t that looks awesome mike!!
                      '05 Gibson SG Standard
                      '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
                      PRS IRW McCarty
                      '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
                      82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE
                        well i finished my "evil brobucker" project. now i just need a guitar to put it in LOL.

black cover and black 3/4" long hex head screws. being that i used 3/4" long screws just like the normal flat head ones VS the typical 5/8" long hex heads used on stock duncans i think the sound change from stock may be very little if any at all. i have a feeling the length of the screw plays a bit more of a roll in sound than head shape. it's not like i'd know anyway since i never used it with the chrome cover or chrome screws anyway LOL

-Mike
                        I really like the looks of that...
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

This is gonna scream !
                          I tried the allen scews toward the bridge in a Demon and it was too much , but then the Brob having a row of slugs is fatter and perhaps will handle it ?

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE

-Mike
                            looks awesome... if it sound half as good as it looks i want one!!!
                            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                            TS 7 (modded)
                            Hot Rod 50+ XL
                            Framus Dragon 4x12
                            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I have one waiting for you Marcel : Demon 8 ! ( 80 E )

Comment

I matched mine up with a seth neck in a 1993 LP std. The seth totally overpowers the Brobucker even after drastically adjusting both heights.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I may have done wrong? I may resolder all my connections and try it again.

Thanks!
                                www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

Working...
                                X