Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brobucker Reviews

Glad you got it going, Clayton.

I have the BEST wife in the world. She told me I could order one from the CS at the end of this week a few weeks ago. Well, she beat me to the punch and talked to MJ and ordered me one. I got it tonight in a nice gift bag. It's an award from her to me for staying quit from smoking for 8 months and being supportive of her job hunt (she's now working BTW). Needless to say I was floored. She's the best.

The BB is going in to my LP as we speak. I have a DMZ PAF in the neck. Should match up nice. Will report later. Gotta get everything soldered in.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH

I have the BEST wife in the world. She told me I could order one from the CS at the end of this week a few weeks ago. Well, she beat me to the punch and talked to MJ and ordered me one. I got it tonight in a nice gift bag. It's an award from her to me for staying quit from smoking for 8 months and being supportive of her job hunt (she's now working BTW). Needless to say I was floored. She's the best.

The BB is going in to my LP as we speak. I have a DMZ PAF in the neck. Should match up nice. Will report later. Gotta get everything soldered in.
      AWESOME ERIK!!!!

Congrats on staying on the bandwagon as well!

Tell me what are your thoughts on your new Brobucker?

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Erik,

Sounds like you have a great wife! Congrats on making it 8 months!
        www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

Hey, Luke. Thanks for the congrats. I haven't felt so healthy since I was a teenager.

My daughter was asleep by the time I get the neck PAF and the Brobucker wired up. Had to replace the neck volume pot as well since it went out a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I was able to play it some through headphones. My first thought was it sounds very, I mean VERY balanced. The highs, mids and lows all sound very even. I'm so used to the CC and even the DMZ PAF in the bridge that it took me a few minutes to get acclimated with it. The DMZ PAF in the neck is too much, too boomy. I think it's due to it's EQ and it's a full strength A5. The Jazz has a mellower curve so that will most likely work better.

It's amazing how well chords ring with the BB. Every note can be heard crystal clear. Even under gain it still retains that clarity but with some punch, not overkill, but enough.

edit: Thanks, Clayton.

Comment

I know what you mean Erik, very VERY balanced. That's the cool thing about the pup in my opinion.

Some pups could cover up a bad piece of wood, but I think this pup could only amplify it.

Luke
            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
              I know what you mean Erik, very VERY balanced. That's the cool thing about the pup in my opinion.

Some pups could cover up a bad piece of wood, but I think this pup could only amplify it.

Luke
              That's what I was afraid of...LOL. Last thing I wanted to discover with it was my Epi wasn't good wood. Thankfully, it is. I cannot wait to run it through the Marshall.

Comment

I cannot wait to run it through the Marshall.
                I'm the same way, Jeff Seal still has mine and I'm losing my mind!! At least I got my Dr. Z retubed and could hear it through that with good tubes.

I really wonder how one of these would sound in my PRS.

Comment

I'm the same way, Jeff Seal still has mine and I'm losing my mind!! At least I got my Dr. Z retubed and could hear it through that with good tubes.

Mine is sitting in the office/music room at home but my 4x12 is at my brother-in-law's which is were we play. I really need a 2x12 at home.

All I could play it through last night was my Crate. The clean channel is clean but doesn't do any pickup any justice. It needs some more oomph to it. The overdrive channel is good and wow, the BB just sang.

Last night I wondered what it would sound like in my Frankenstrat. It's got double creme under the cover and would look KILLER in that guitar but, I absolutely 110% LOVE the CC in it and just can't get myself to take it out again.
                  Last edited by ErikH; 03-08-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

It's a day late, but glad to hear you got one Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Truant
                      It's a day late, but glad to hear you got one Erik
                      Thanks, man. Have you put yours in anything yet?

Comment

Nay, I just did an upgrade on thursday to a brand new Epi LP Custom in Alpine White. So that will be where it's going. Was waiting until next week (break) for the installation.

Comment

Cool. I got mine yesterday evening and had it in the guitar before 10 PM....LOL. There was no waiting. I was too damn excited to wait.

Comment

I still haven`t installed the BB yet since I was thinking of getting another super strat style guitar to put it in.From the early reviews I read I`m thinking the BB might be on the dark side. Anyone have any suggestions as to what type body wood the BB might work best in . Ash,Alder,Mahagony? Right now I`ve got a Blues Trembucker in my lone ash strat and it sounds pretty hot.
                            When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Ok, I had a chance to play at a decent volume tonight for a little bit. All I gotta say is.......WOW!!! I'm loving what I'm hearing. The DMZ PAF in the neck is still a little boomy on the clean channel but with overdrive, it's about right. I'm still going to try the Jazz neck with it though and then decide which one to keep with it.

Everything is so clear, and balanced, yet certain things stand out. It responds very well to picking, good harmonics, excellent definition. I think if a full strength A5 was in it, it would be too boomy and harsh and lose the wonderful overwound PAF qualities it has.

Great job to everyone who came up with the specs and great job to MJ and Seymour, not to mention a HUGE thank you.
                              Last edited by ErikH; 03-08-2006, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Genious can't be rushed....

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                                X