wizard amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wizard amps

are they still in business? are they worth the money, or, are they glorified marshalls?
    Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Re: wizard amps

Never heard of these before, back ground info?
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Comment

Great amps....I don't think they are still in business....Great spin on the whole Marshall tone thang! Rare amps now also....If it's priced right,grab it up!
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Looks like they are in business again?

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I wander if this is the same Wizard that's here in Atlanta? Christian and I were talking about the Atlanta Wizard last night.

Same one TGWIF?
          I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ
            Never heard of these before, back ground info?
            supposedly UBER marshalls, check out their website....ac/dc allegedly(sp?) uses these amps but puts marshall badges over them...

Originally posted by B Bent
            I wander if this is the same Wizard that's here in Atlanta? Christian and I were talking about the Atlanta Wizard last night.

Same one TGWIF?
            naw, these guys are up in canada
            Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

AC/DC uses real Marshalls. There have been too many articles published about their use of Marshalls for it all to be false. Especially since Marshall had info about it on their website.
              Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
              Ibanez RG1570 Custom
              PRS McCarty STD
              '71 Gibson SG Custom
              Bogner Alchemist 2x12
              Vox AD15VT

Comment

The deal with AC/DC is that they use Wizards, Marshalls, and many of their Marshalls are worked on by Wizard. I think they were in business in the early-mid 90's, went out of business, and are now back? I always thought they were located in Canada somewhere.

Also, Scorpions use them too. They made Marshall replicas that are vintage...Wizard Rock, and ones that are hotrodded...Wizard Metal.
                In the 90's, I had a chance to scoop one up for $850, but was broke at the time. Now, they go for a little over $2000 used.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

-Killer amps

-Have NOTHING to do with Wizard here in Atlanta

-AC/DC DOES/DID use Wizard amps and Marshall amps and a lot of their old Marshalls have been tweaked, repaired and or rebuilt by Wizard

-I don't think they ever went out of business but I could be wrong

These amps are great deals used and are well worth the money...FWIW, Joe Perry also uses them and actually has a signature model Wizard comming out.
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire

-Have NOTHING to do with Wizard here in Atlanta
                    Christian,

The wizard amps that sparked this thread are the same dudes I was thinking of. That's why I sounded so shocked when you said they sucked yesterday on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent
                      Christian,

The wizard amps that sparked this thread are the same dudes I was thinking of. That's why I sounded so shocked when you said they sucked yesterday on the phone.

Well, those are Wizard amps, I thought you were asking about Wizard electronice repair in Duluth...I wouldn't piss on Wizard repair if their asses were on fire!
                      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                        Well, those are Wizard amps, I thought you were asking about Wizard electronice repair in Duluth...I wouldn't piss on Wizard repair if their asses were on fire!
                        HAHA!! I didnt know what I was talking about!

Comment

Wizard isn't out of business, it's just rather hard to get an amp these days. The site really hasn't been updated for quite some time and I've been waiting to hear back about a modern classic for a few years now (with quarterly reminders, haha).

As a quick reference, give a listen to Metallica's Garage Inc, disc 1 to hear the Modern Classic in action.

MJ
                          EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Comment

Monty-Jay beat me to the Metallica note. better heard from him than me though lol. i read they stopped using them because supposedly wizards sound better with passive pups rather than their EMGs or something like that.

On the AC/DC deal, i read that their marshalls weren't very reliable so they used them as dummy amps on stage and miced wizards backstage (or they may have been driving the on stage cabs, i'm not sure).
                            Last edited by BigDreamer; 03-02-2006, 01:55 AM.
                            Gear:
                            Main Guitar Rig
                            2007 L.E. MusicMan JP-7 Blue Dawn
                            2005 Fender J.V. Strat- AirZone/SDS-1
                            80's MIJ Fender Strat- HHS- EMG85/85/SA
                            Mesa/Boogie Trem-O-Verb Dual Rectifier Head EL-34s
                            Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab V-30s
                            Morley Limited Edition Bad Horsie Wah
                            Peterson StroboStomp Tuner

Comment

I forgot about Metallica...these are great amps for sure!

I have tried the vintage one as well as a more modern high gain and was very impressed with both amps!

Comment

Working...
                              X