S.I.R. 100w SuperLead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.I.R. 100w SuperLead

At the end of the day I will say this: if you want the slash sound, the AFD #39 will get you there. But it is bright!!
    7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Re: S.I.R. 100w SuperLead

When i worked for Charvel in the mid 80's I asked Warren about the Laney's. He told me then that they were only props on stage because of the endorsement deal with laney. He said he used his Marshall superlead the one that Frank modded for him. Frank was also his amp tech on the road. as for #39, Lynch said he used it on Under Lock and Key for some parts.
      RJS Amplification

Comment

Originally posted by gretsch58 View Post
        these links are broken, does anyone have this layout mod saved?
        Did you ever find this ?
        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Resurrection from the dead!

Does anyone still have the layout of this #39 SIR amp?

Comment

If it is anywhere, I bet here.

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
              If it is anywhere, I bet here.

http://el34world.com/schematics.htm
              Thanks but it's not there

Comment

Originally posted by Anficht View Post
                Thanks but it's not there
                That is where all the Hoffman stuff migrated to. Someone on that forum must have it.
                -Chris

Comment

Ah ok, I'll ask around the forum then

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                    I never understood the love for AFD tone anyway...it had a nice crunch and sparkle to it, but it was extremely thin sounding for a LP/SL combination ..no "balls" (possibly from production and not the amp itself tho)
                    Amen to that. Though GnR was a refreshing sound when they came out, I never thought of Slash's tone as any kind of holy grail. It was crunchy for sure, but buzzy/bright/fuzzy/fizzy compared to the smooth, fat tones of the Jose-modded Marshalls, etc so revered in the day. To each his or her own... but that's a tone that I'll never chase.

And holy cow... what an old thread! I think it's cool when a really old thread comes back to life. Mixes things up from the usual same ole same ole.
                    Last edited by Red_Label; 03-05-2018, 10:28 AM.
                    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Slash and EVH, two guitar tones I never understood the rabid following of.
                      -Chris

Comment

Slash and EVH, two guitar tones I never understood the rabid following of.
                        Now the EVH thing we'll have to part ways on. VH1-Fair Warning were my holy grail for decades. Once I'd finally officially acheived the brown sound, I realized that I had no real use for it (since I don't play in a VH cover band), but still... that tone haunted me longer than any other.
                        "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

Comment

Btw... these days I'm just more into classic dirty rock tones ala Brother Cane's "Seeds"album. Which is just regular old plexi stuff turned up loud like most other great rock album tones.

Oh, and to add to that I also love Leppard "High and Dry", ACDC "Back In Black", and any albums/ tones from The Darkness. So pretty iconic rock Marshall tones.
                          Last edited by Red_Label; 03-05-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                            Once I'd finally officially acheived the brown sound, I realized that I had no real use for it
                            See we ended up in the same place, I just got there before you.

I love early VH and Ed's sound on those records, I just never had the desire to emulate it.
                            -Chris

Comment

See we ended up in the same place, I just got there before you.

I love early VH and Ed's sound on those records, I just never had the desire to emulate it.
                              Ha ha! Yup. I thought I did... until I got there and was like "cool, glad I finally found it... now what???"

My Carl Martin Plexitone into the blue channel in plexi mode on my Bogner XTC Classic was the first time I thought I'd achieved it. Then, later when I ran my Bogner Harlow into the plexi channel of my Smallbox, that was even closer. I heard a guy nail the brown sound on a Ceriatine Chupacabra 50-watter as well. But I didn't get that same tone from my Chup. And Victor's rendition of "Unchained" on one of his Mojave Peacemakers, had me wanting one for years. But by the time I found one for a great price... I no longer had a use for that tone. And great driven amps without a loop are competely useless to me, which is why I sold the Chup. It had a loop, but I didn't like using it. The Friedman loops are perfection.

Comment

Even if Dave never modded a single amp, his loop and MV are the benchmarks.
                                -Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X