Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PJ Marx Brad Gillis Humbucker

Ultimate Tone Member

Default Re: PJ Marx Brad Gillis Humbucker

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    Yep, that matches what is said in the news article that IDsnowDog shared to the group a couple years back: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...ups-to-bullets

The following isn't the Brad Gillis model, but it is an example of PJ Marx's formerly large impact in the rock-metal world, coincidentally featured in some wall art in my home studio. This photo is from around the time of the "Them" album - very thrashy tones on that album.

Another interesting thing in this photo is - judging by the unusual closeness of the two humbuckers in that guitar - that that B.C. Rich superstrat seems to have a 24.75" scale neck.

Attachment 103908
    YES! Andy LaRocque and Pete Blakk both used PJ Marx pickups on "Them" and "Conspiracy" in their BC riches. Great lead tones for sure! Overall guitar tone on "Conspiracy" was great.
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Sold my Brad Gillis pickup on this forum in Oct 2013. The buyer still has zero posts (he signed up just to pm me about the pickup). It came in a Fender HM Strat with the wiring all F'd up so I never heard how it "would have" sounded. I asked him to report back how he liked it but I never heard back from him.

I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!

Gillis uses JB's these days.

I was recently surfing for Fernandes Gillis guitars on reverb...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...