Tube Screamer vs. Natural OD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Screamer vs. Natural OD...

the guy i got my amp from just gave me a tube screamer, because i'm helping him with the construction of his house (because i'm trying to finish paying off my amp after the great deal he gave me). Anyway, i've been messing around with it, its a TS7, one of those 'tone-loc' models. Its a cool pedal, but whenever i flip it on, it just robs me of my beefy bass sound, which i really like. I don't mind the extra mids associated with the tubescreamer, but i can't seem to get my bass sound back... and it lacks that natural compression i get from cranking up the amp. So, is it just not a super version of the tubescreamer, or is the tubescreamer just not the pedal for me?? Do you think a nice tube overdrive pedal would do better?? I'm looking for something i can use at lower volumes so i'm not hurting my ears all the time, and also something i could kick on as a solo boost....
    '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
    Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
    '66 Fender Bassman
    Fender Champion 600
    Fender Stage 100

The Visual Sounds Route 66 is a TS-808 and Dynacomp in one unit, with a bass boost. Most TS's cut the bottom end, compress the signal, and have a mid hump.

Comment

i was thinking about suggesting the route 66 mrid, nice call
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

TS7's are great at pounding nails into wood, since you're working on a home right now. As for OD's, the new maxon OD's are
        well worth the money. I prefer clean boost type OD's that keep your original guitar sound intact, but add volume and/or gain.

Another OD company that makes KILLER stuff is banzaieffects.com
        $200, but worth the money. I love the Coldfusion. The Fireball
        is like a Fulltone FDII, but more versatile and crunchier.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The TubeScreamer modeler on my Boss Drive Zone sounds really nice and compressed. Maybe the Tone-Loc one just isn't as good? But yeah, I know what you mean when the bass drops a little. I don't know if it'll be any differen't, but how about a Fulltone Fulldrive? Or maybe a Boss OD, those sound really good.
          Watch My Videos
          Photography
          www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
          "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
          X