banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I make a guitar make sounds like an old nintendo game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I make a guitar make sounds like an old nintendo game?

pedals, anything?

Please don't bother posting: "I dont know why someone would want that thats stupid":fing25:

Re: how do I make a guitar make sounds like an old nintendo game?

a guitar synth?
    Speak through your fingers

Comment

There was a fuzz pedal I saw once, called the 8-bit fuzz, which was made for Nintendo-theme song covers. It's INCREDIBLY fuzzy, sometimes cuts out (it's meant to do that, its only for like a second, kinda like a glitch in an old 8-bit game). Gives it a synth-like tone. There's a clip on this site of the Super Mario theme song with the pedal.

When you click it, the first thing that comes up will say Guitar Effects. The second pedal, the one that looks like an old Nintendo controller, is the one.
      The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
      And Here on Bandcamp!
      Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Originally posted by Corbic
        There was a fuzz pedal I saw once, called the 8-bit fuzz, which was made for Nintendo-theme song covers. It's INCREDIBLY fuzzy, sometimes cuts out (it's meant to do that, its only for like a second, kinda like a glitch in an old 8-bit game). Gives it a synth-like tone. There's a clip on this site of the Super Mario theme song with the pedal.

When you click it, the first thing that comes up will say Guitar Effects. The second pedal, the one that looks like an old Nintendo controller, is the one.
        thats so cool! damn! I want one man for real

hows the mxr blue box for this sort of stuff

Comment

Be like rusty cooley.
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Some of the synths in the podxt model pack sound like what you're describing....very cool......i use them for some keyboard-esque sounds

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD
              Be like rusty cooley.
              lol, it's so fast you don't know what's going on...

Comment

larry_emder Some of the synths in the podxt model pack sound like what you're describing....very cool......i use them for some keyboard-esque sounds
                this guy is right, I got a pod xtl and from their website they have a user created tone section.......a while back a found a pretty cool nintendo one which is basicly set to tube pre-amp with the fx synth harmony.....sounds very nintendo like.

Comment

That Nintendo pedal looks cool! I want one of these...they do the crazy 8-bit sound thing REALLY well. It looks like endless hours of fun!

J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                  mixer|producer|recordist
                  mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                  All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

I dont know why someone would want that, thats stupid

nah just kidding. im eager to hear the sounds you get. Post clips! im a nintendo 8bit fan.
                    My recordings ---> www.soundclick.com/donlduk

My guitar----> www.geocities.com/luiguibanez/v350

Comment

Originally posted by DonLduk
                      I dont know why someone would want that, thats stupid

nah just kidding. im eager to hear the sounds you get. Post clips! im a nintendo 8bit fan.
                      def will, ive learned, mario, zelda and tetris, now all I need is the pedal, I think im getting the 8-bit form fxdocter but it take like a month

btw: colombians are the shiznet!

Comment

damn, this nintendo pedal seems like heaps of fun. For some reason i now want one.
                        - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
                        - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
                        - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
                        - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
                        - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
                        - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
                        - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
                        - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
                        -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

oh great. Ive been thinking on learning castlevania's 1 and 3, and batman 1.
                          My recordings ---> www.soundclick.com/donlduk

My guitar----> www.geocities.com/luiguibanez/v350

Comment

Try a ring modulator! I see them all the time in multi-effect boards but I've never seen a stand-alone one in real life. Maybe one of those weird companies like Zvex makes one...

On another note, Garageband for Mac has an effect on there called a BitCrusher that will do excatly what you're looking for.

Comment

Scroll down to the ocillation section. He made a oscilator in a Nintendo controller! Thats awesome.
                              Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
                              Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Working...
                              X