X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cyber Jam Anyone?

Hey Steve

My connection is too low , I can't hear the tune

Could you post the MP3 file somewhere (for download) , I'd like to hear our jam !
    Last edited by captain cavman; 05-31-2004, 04:55 AM.
    Pickups used :
    Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
    PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
    PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
    PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
    PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
    PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
    PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
    PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
    PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
    Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
    Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
    SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

Originally posted by captain cavman
      Hey Steve

My connection is too low , I can't hear the tune

Could you post the MP3 file somewhere (for download) , I'd like to hear our jam !
      I posted the jam as it is now up on one of my sites, http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com. Hope that helps!

I love hearing the changes in tone and phrasing with the same background. Marin, I like your Allman Brothers approach ... are you playing a Les Paul? Your tone is so THICK!! And Wattage, you have 70's thing down stone cold!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by captain cavman
        Could you post the MP3 file somewhere (for download)
        Caveman I added a download link at the original post. Thanks for the suggestion.
        My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

My God, listening to all the solos, it's somewhat obvious that my recorded tone lacks a little... it sounds thin... lacks a lot of presence. It would be a good thing to know how many people used a digital device for recording... at least now I know my setting stinks, it's a good starting point

TwilightOdyssey, your solo blew me away! I'm not the biggest fan of super fast playing, mainly because it's sometimes not very melodic, but your are fast AND melodic. Great work bro. You rule!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
          Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

this song is kickin! great work by all who participated! great job mixing it together stevo!

its cool to see all the different styles people have showing through in this song....from shred to allman's type stuff.....
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

stevo, that surfy little bridge type solo is banging!
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I will try to post my in a day or two if still there is room for one more...

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                  stevo, that surfy little bridge type solo is banging!
                  dont even try to suck up at this point haha

Comment

Originally posted by mongrollo
                    I will try to post my in a day or two if still there is room for one more...
                    Cool. So far we have USA, Canada, Italy, Mars and I just got a clip from the UK Spain would be nice in the mix.

Comment

I hope to get my done tomorrow
                      We have a holiday to day, so the company is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                        dont even try to suck up at this point haha

haha, i see how it is.....lol

peavey classic 30
                        johnson j-station
                        yamaha f-310p acoustic
                        taylor 410 acoustic

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_D
                          My God, listening to all the solos, it's somewhat obvious that my recorded tone lacks a little... it sounds thin... lacks a lot of presence. It would be a good thing to know how many people used a digital device for recording... at least now I know my setting stinks, it's a good starting point

TwilightOdyssey, your solo blew me away! I'm not the biggest fan of super fast playing, mainly because it's sometimes not very melodic, but your are fast AND melodic. Great work bro. You rule!
                          Hey, thanx, Sly .. I always try to play to the song. I lot of shred guys don't do that, I agree ... I'm more of a fan of trying to say something with the solo, even if it's only 18 seconds long, like in this case. Thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

My clip was recorded using my Wayne Rock Legend: alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, JB pickup in the bridge. The guitar was going into a Roland VG88, then into my Yamaha AW16G. The setting on the VG88 was designed by me for a real 80's style lead sound. Strings are DR Pure Blues 10's and pick is a Fender Premium Celluloid Heavy. Cables are DiMarzio.
                          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Lee added the UK to our world jam! with some very nice chopage and melody. Thanks for your input Lee

Comment

Damn...I need to get some software!! What do you say to posting a new backing track every week/month for kicks? Maybe by then I'll have some $$$!!

Very cool thread, don't expect this one to die off soon.

Comment

Don't worry, Guitarist. I took part only to realize that my tone suck fat donkey d*ck... so I'm at the same point, I need to find something to get better recording tone (silent recording... of course I can buy a Shure and the problem is solved... but not at midnight). Maybe Tech21, Korg, Vox? Don't know yet... all I know is I don't have the cash.

Great idea though. This should be done on a regular basis. Maybe Stevo don't think it's a good idea , he did all the dirty work.

By the way, Stevo. Great initiative... great playing also. We have a great time doing this. So it's your turn bro

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                                Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Working...
                                X