Cyber Jam Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cyber Jam Anyone?

The new Guitar Tracks has amp modeling built into it so that could save you some headaches for late night recording.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

My tone was crap to guys, as if you couldnt tell. My amp is at my friends house, so I had to use an old zoom pedal to record with. Better than nothing though.

Comment

Yeah, you're right Wattage, a software solution may be economical for the time being... I also realized that I could have beefed up my tone a bit with the built-in EQ of Cool Edit Pro... if there's a next time, we'll all sound better... hopefully

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
        Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Sly D thanks man And don't be so hard on yourself. Your tone and playing are very good.. like it a lot
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

VERY COOL guys..... Really like how everyone has their own sound...

Comment

kudos to you Stevo for being the brains of the outfit and getting something like this started - it would be cool if this becomes a regular thing - I won't be able to contribute until august or september when I move into the new pad and get set up for real. sounds good so far ....

Comment

I'm off to work in a few moments...hope to get back with a little clip or two

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                  Cool. So far we have USA, Canada, Italy, Mars and I just got a clip from the UK Spain would be nice in the mix.
                  Hey Stevo , am I the guy from Mars ??

If not , then you can add France in your country list !

BTW , I really like this song , kudos to you Steve !
                  Pickups used :
                  Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
                  PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
                  PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
                  PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
                  PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
                  PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
                  PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
                  PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
                  PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
                  Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
                  Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
                  SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

Originally posted by Skullkrusher
                    My tone was crap to guys, as if you couldnt tell. My amp is at my friends house, so I had to use an old zoom pedal to record with. Better than nothing though.

i actually thought that that tone was really cool......
                    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                    fender mim standard strat
                    peavey classic 30
                    johnson j-station
                    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                    yamaha f-310p acoustic
                    taylor 410 acoustic
                    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                      Damn...I need to get some software!! What do you say to posting a new backing track every week/month for kicks? Maybe by then I'll have some $$$!!

Very cool thread, don't expect this one to die off soon.
                      I like the idea of a frequent (monthly) tune !! Great idea Guitarist.

About the software, you can find some very cheap ones (cubasis....) almost for free.
                      That's enough for the one track job. The mike (SM57 or similar) will be more expensive than the soft !

Long live cyber jam !
                      Last edited by captain cavman; 06-01-2004, 06:17 AM.
                      Pickups used :
                      Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                        Thanks for the chance to participate, Stevo.

Like everyone else, I've realised that compressing the format for streaming, really takes the tone out of the guitar - so anyone who hasn't done theirs yet - make your tone fat as it will get thinned down quite a lot.

Good fun though. I haven't played that sort of stuff in years.

Not the easiest progession to play to. Did anyone else find that? (major in middle and end).

Lee
                        Right Lee, I also noted that my tone was weak on the MP3 track compared to the WAV one (uncompressed).

About the progression , I find I'm out of pace during my solo . I didn't listen that much before playing and just made 2 takes. I kept the first one but not sure I made the right choice.

BTW who cares, it's Rock'n'roll so just grab your guitar and crank it up !!!
                        Pickups used :

Comment

When you convert to MP3 use the highest bitrate you can, it makes a big difference. I use MusicMatch to convert my wav files and it works really well, it's free too. I used 192k bitrate but for more serious stuff I'll use 320k. It'll definitely squash your sound though, every once in a while you get lucky and it is just the right amount of compression.

Also if you've never done one of Stevo's cyberjams he always has a little hook in there it seems, if you just wailed out on a minor pentatonic you missed a real cool little jump in there.
                          Last edited by Wattage; 06-01-2004, 08:19 AM.
                          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
                            Also if you've never done one of Stevo's cyberjams he always has a little hook in there it seems, if you just wailed out on a minor pentatonic you missed a real cool little jump in there.
                            MP3 is convenient, but such a sonic compromise. I feel sorry for kids today who only know about mp3, b/c it really sounds inferior. Great for shooting sound across cyber space, tho!

Yeah, the jump in the middle of the riff is quite cool, and shows how much can be done in 18 seconds! Steveo did a great job with the arrangement. It's compact and gets the job done. My solo is the 3rd pass through the arrangement, so there was very little conscious thinking involved; I just followed the arrangement. It's basically divided into 4 sections: starts of in Am pentatonic; the fast run is B Locrian, but it ends on C, the tapping is A Natural Minor; then I went up to Em Pentatonic/E Phrygian for the fast, doubled run; the solo ends in Am Pentatonic again, but at the 15th fret ... and NO, I didn't consciously think about the modes and stuff while I was jamming on it, just following what I thought was a nice, lyrical flow ...
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Oww my brain hurts!!!

Nice job detailing that TO.
                              My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I have done a few of these jams and the others were a little simpler - blues and a couple of basic tunes that did not change keys. Here, I tried to get an old Aerosmith vibe, that ends on a major chord like a surf tune.. hehe I figured it might be a little tricky

Wattage makes a good point. The higher bit rate on the mp3, the better it should sound. It has to be converted to .wav and then mixed in to the song. Then the song is compressed, mixed down to 24 bit audio wav file, and converted back to 192kbps mp3 for the Internet. When the tune is finished I can make a 320kbps copy and upload it so you guys can get the best quality possible from my audio host.

In the end, it's the group effort that has made this a lot of fun.. lots of nice playing too
                                I think that the rythm track is a bit slippery to play to, so I really appreciate the "just do it" attitude that you guys have here
                                My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
                                X