Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cyber Jam Anyone?

Gee, I don't know if I can be so accurate in describing my solo

I also found the progression a little different than what I'm used to... it took me maybe 5 or 6 playing to have an idea of the feel and where I wanted to go. I then hit the record button, changed my mind a couple of times along the way, and finally record it in about 4 takes... I'm rarely satisfied with the result, so I start over often. I would be the nightmare of a sound engineer

I hit it off in D minor pentatonic at the 10th fret, but actually added some notes along the way that were all belonging to the Am pentatonic scale... so basically, I corrected my direction along the way, but still using the D Minor pentatonic as a basic structure. I very rarely have a big notion of this... I just simply feel right away if I can play certain notes. In this case, the structure was not obvious, so before you realized what you could and could not play, you needed to listen a couple of times.

Technically speaking, I couldn't justify this solo with a gun to my head

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

All right tab and notation from everyone right now before we move on to round 2
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Sly, your solo is fine, man! This wasn't a "how fast can you shred" thread, just a fun jam. Personally, I love the way it flows from one style to the next, from Satch to Jimmy Page, and every point in between. Some of us are more comfortable soloing in the context of 'this is my time to shine', step out into the center of the stage, hold that guitar high and just rip; others are more into supporting the tune melodically and seeing if they can tug the fabric a bit here or there. It's all good exercise, even listening to what others did on the same bit. Most fun playing I've done in a while, since it's FAR removed from my usual "denim+leather" schtick!!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
          All right tab and notation from everyone right now before we move on to round 2

LOL! Drop and give me 20, soldier!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I totally agree TO... I'm very satisfied with my solo actually (despite the tone). I've always been fascinated by the creation of a solo, by the way it can add a new dimension to a song. I do that all the time with riffs I create. That's why I really like a player like Ace Frehley (in the 70s). Though not a great technical player, he remains in my view a very creative solo writer. He was a big influence along with Jimmy page and Angus Young. Strangely, I was also a Queen fan but never cared for the lead work of Brian May. I don't know why, although I know I never liked his tone much. I also liked Rik Emmett from Triumph... he was a heck of a technical player with a classical background.

The jam is a great display of our personal creativty. It's very cool to hear what other people's made of this track.

I was ranting a bit because I always thouhgt I should take the time to learn a little bit more theory, yet I never do it. I'm too busy playing

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
            Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Comment

Stupid me forgot to take the clip home
              Ok I have a short one coming tommorow....hehe I like the changes Stevo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                Ok I have a short one coming tommorow....
                .. bout time haha! Denmark riffage on the way
                My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                  .. bout time haha! Denmark riffage on the way

I've already sent mine, I hope you had recibed it with no problems..

Comment

Flank is up next.. I'll get that in tonight.
                    Originally posted by mongrollo
                    I've already sent mine, I hope you had recibed it with no problems..
                    I got your email. I will get you in tonight (USA pacific PM that is ).
                    Thanks guys

Comment

with all this talk about modes and phrigarianphiddlesticks and all this stuff........i thought chem was confusing.....lol
                      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                      fender mim standard strat
                      peavey classic 30
                      johnson j-station
                      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                      yamaha f-310p acoustic
                      taylor 410 acoustic
                      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

this solo seems to be overlooked....kcmguitars....its got a killer tone, and i also love the allman type feel to it. very nicely put together.
                        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                        fender mim standard strat
                        peavey classic 30
                        johnson j-station
                        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                        yamaha f-310p acoustic
                        taylor 410 acoustic
                        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

KMC definitely put in a great solo, I thought Allmans right away too. Nice job bro!
                          My Bands -
                          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                            this solo seems to be overlooked....kcmguitars....its got a killer tone, and i also love the allman type feel to it. very nicely put together.
                            WOW !! Thanks XERXEX My original Idea was to play some Slide on it.
                            But my slide chop aren't good enuff to play something tasty over a
                            a progession like that. (Witch BTW I thought was really COOL !!) Stevo
                            wrote a great piece that lend itself to all styles, And kept Everybody
                            Honest I thought everyone was gonna come out with
                            their humbuckers Blazing So I thought I'd take the high road.
                            I broke out the 73' Strat and dusted off my Princeton Reverb and whent
                            for the clean tone. I wasn't really Goin' for the Allman's thing? But I
                            guess when you open with a Major Pentatonic scale it's unavoidable.
                            I had a blast doin' this (and I'm glad I didn't have to follow Wattage
                            and Twilight OD) LOL !!
                            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Added Flank and Mongrollo

Thanks Mongrollo for bringing Spain in to the mix with some cool licks

Hey flank I'd never guess your age from your playing.. nice SRV vibe bro.

Comment

hey thanks Stevo, it really means alot when some of the more experienced guys (like yourself) comment on my playing.......(nice editing by the way, i was really choppin away at the strings on the second parts wasnt I? lol.......sheesh, that sounded bad once i listend to it again)
                                Last edited by flank; 06-01-2004, 09:08 PM.
                                http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                                >cord<
                                1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Working...
                                X