Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humbucker still hums????????

Originally posted by madaxeman
    Bro I just may try it. Sounds good cheap but effective. Are you talking about the heavy foil like reastraunts use?
    Yeah, the reynolds wrap heavy duty stuff though. Only because it doesn't tear so easy when trying to get it to form in the cavity.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
      Yeah, the reynolds wrap heavy duty stuff though. Only because it doesn't tear so easy when trying to get it to form in the cavity.

Excellent. I'm gonna try it

Thanks again

Comment

I don't like sheilding the cavities. IMO it tends to kill some of the highs. I'd rather deal with a little hum than the lack of good highs. Espicially with a Strat. It could be a bad pot.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave
          I don't like sheilding the cavities. IMO it tends to kill some of the highs. I'd rather deal with a little hum than the lack of good highs. Espicially with a Strat. It could be a bad pot.
          ????

Do you know that Strats come shielded? They use shielding paint. Where the highs can be affected somewhat is when an anti-shock cap is used in the ground plain per www.guitarnuts.com.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
            ????

Do you know that Strats come shielded? They use shielding paint. Where the highs can be affected somewhat is when an anti-shock cap is used in the ground plain per www.guitarnuts.com.
            MMMMM. Just learned something

Comment

Working...
            X