Wah pedal in FX loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wah pedal in FX loop?

I run Echo, EQ and delay through my FX loop. From my guitar and amp i have a tu-2 tuner. I use drive from amp, no distortion pedals. Where should I place my wah? From guitar to amp, or in the FX loop?

Re: Wah pedal in FX loop?

No wah in the loop, would sound odd at best
    Before everything with the wah, guitar, wah, and the rest.

Comment

Why not just jack around and play with it to see what you like?

Comment

Everyone will tell you that it's a bad idea, but most people also hate putting their wah before distortion (I happen to love doing this). It really is a matter of taste. Just screw around untill you get some cool sounds and then go with it . . .
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yeah, i have my crybaby before my boss me 50, it really sounds good with the fuzz for the jimi hendrix star spangled banner...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv
            Everyone will tell you that it's a bad idea

I wouldn't say it's a bad idea. I've put my wah into the FX Loop and, to be honest, it sounded great. The honk in the signel was more pronounced and the thing was LOUD. I loved it. The shame is that I couldn't run the OD/comp into the loop at the same time because it sounded tinny and crappy!

Comment

before the amp and not in the efx loop, makes the wah sound funny like RID said.

chris
              "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Only time a wah sounds good after, is with an old fuzz

Comment

Working...
                X