My first try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first try

Here's my first shot at home recording. I decided to go with a simple tune in free time. I did 3 passes, and took the first one, with one punch in. Guess where it is.

Oh, it's "Dee" by Randy Rhoades. Yeah, yeah, he used a nylon string acoustic. I did it with my MIJ Jackson.

Last edited by JammerMatt; 06-06-2004, 09:12 AM. Reason: A little more info.
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Re: My first try

sweet, you might want to increase the volume overall in the mix. I had to turn my speakers all the way up and then turn up the volume in the windows media player also.

Comment

Yes, I agree. I was having trouble getting the volume up by going straight in. Next thing on the list is a mixer before the soundcard to give me a boost.

I also noticed that it sounds different on different systems. On mine at home it sounds very full. On my folks' (I'm visiting them today) it sounds tinny.

Thanks for giving it a listen.

-Matt
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Very nice good job!

I've been on a Randy Rhoads kick this week so that was a cool way to start the weekend.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Thanx.

Glad you dug it. I absolutely love that song (Randy's version at least). It's the perfect intro to "Suicide Solution." I was thinking of tacking that onto it, but it just works so well alone, and it's a song you can play for anyone.

Comment

You got great skills there, JammerMatt. You did Randy justice! Keep'em comin' and bring out the Rhoads from within!
            Watch My Videos
            Photography
            www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
            "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
            X