Anyone out there just play for fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there just play for fun?

Like a lot of you guys know I just started 4 months ago.
    At 54 with no natural talent just a love of the sound of a Blues guitar. I have been at it prety hard as my time allows.

My question is how do you keep you head on straight as far as working at it and seeing your desire 10x your ability.
    My teacher give me a small riff to practice to keep my head up so I can make believe I am playing. What do you do or did you do way back when?

Lou
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: Anyone out there just play for fun?

I remember that it took me a year before I could actually play anything that sounded like music Lou, at our age, a year flys by bro.. just hang in there. Your determination will have you jamming nicely before you know it.
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
      I remember that it took me a year before I could actually play anything that sounded like music Lou, at our age, a year flys by bro.. just hang in there. Your determination will have you jamming nicely before you know it.

Thanks Stevo

Back to the finger work out. TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC
      His Grace is Amazing

Comment

I'm 38 and I have been playing for fun since I was 15. I met a guy on a msg board and I did up a solo for a track he was doing and then he did up some lyrics and vocals for a track I recorded and before you long we ended up with this.

I never thought I would ever have a CD's worth of music, and the 2nd one is comming soon.

I still keep trying to learn something new to improve my playing, so as long as its fun we should keep on practicing. Now the moment it seems like work.....
        Last edited by kard2565; 06-05-2004, 12:45 PM.

Comment

sweet lou

just have fun with it .. practice your blues scales ... do finger exercises to build hand strength (you'll need it for bluesy bends) ... learn some cool "7th" chords in the 1st position so you can play some 'strum and sing' blues tunes ..

enjoy
          cheers
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
          X