Plexi "sound clip" - VHoholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexi "sound clip" - VHoholic

Here's a clip of my Marshall Plexi. I'm just doodling around with some AC/DC. On this one i didn't try to copy his sound at all. I just plugged in and played it with my VH settings for the hell of it. I was bored over here and felt like making a quick clip. ;D Enjoy!

AC/DC

***Original post link until it shuts down http://www.seymourduncan.com/cgi-bin...num=1078600228
    Last edited by VHoholic; 04-18-2007, 01:15 PM.
    Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Ahhhh the whole lot of them crunchy clips

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
      Ahhhh the whole lot of them crunchy clips
      Last edited by VHoholic; 03-11-2004, 12:11 PM.
      Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

Hey Vhoholic........sweet tone!!!!!! Have you ever messed with your 5150 combo far as pulling the tubes? Thinking of trying a weber mass with mine since my neighbors are not fond of my volume at 3! I'd like to hear what this amp can do with the post past 5!...ever tried a attenuator with yours?? Right now my tone is thin and fizzy......so I switch to my rhythm for more bottom yet the fizz is still there in the upper regions. Any suggestions or comments regarding the mass unit???

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard65
          Hey Vhoholic........sweet tone!!!!!! Have you ever messed with your 5150 combo far as pulling the tubes? Thinking of trying a weber mass with mine since my neighbors are not fond of my volume at 3! I'd like to hear what this amp can do with the post past 5!...ever tried a attenuator with yours?? Right now my tone is thin and fizzy......so I switch to my rhythm for more bottom yet the fizz is still there in the upper regions. Any suggestions or comments regarding the mass unit???
          Thanks lizzard! I've pulled tubes on my Marshalls but never on my 5150. I never really had to. To me it sounds great at any volume, even when i have it really low. I never used an attenuator on it either. About the Mass unit, all i hear is good things about it. That and the THD Hotplate. All the comments i've heard about them have been in use with a Marshall though. All i can say is give it a try and see if you like it. It might end up sounding incredible! You never know
          Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Thanks brother! Ed used an old marshall for most of his career as I'm sure you know. Now comparing that old brown tone overdriven marshall to my 5150.......no freagin comparison! The gain is great on this amp but sounds too fizzy for me. I can't dime this puppy like I want..... to really saturate it for that warm..........ugh ugh yeah what you have goin ther VH! Great great tone there man! I'm going to call those folks regarding the mass unit..see what they have to say. Wish me luck on my quest for the brown.

cheers

Comment

I've used a hotplate on my 5150 and I totally agree with what VH said...it's not really necessary. To be honest its not really necessary on a lot of MV amps.

J
              Low wattage rocks!
              Bumbox Lead 1
              Orange Tiny Terror
              Vox 120VTH
              ----------------------
              Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
              Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard65
                Thanks brother! Ed used an old marshall for most of his career as I'm sure you know. Now comparing that old brown tone overdriven marshall to my 5150.......no freagin comparison! The gain is great on this amp but sounds too fizzy for me. I can't dime this puppy like I want..... to really saturate it for that warm..........ugh ugh yeah what you have goin ther VH! Great great tone there man! I'm going to call those folks regarding the mass unit..see what they have to say. Wish me luck on my quest for the brown.

cheers
                Good luck and thanks again bro!
                Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

forgot to ask ya, VH..what're you using for that delay/echo? And do you crank the amp up way loud when you record? I'm addicted to those friggin' clips man..lol
                  Splawn QR
                  Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                  Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
                  George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
                  My Gear Pix
                  My SPLAWN Clips
                  My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed those clips! By the way, where do you set your eq's on your amps?
                    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Originally posted by shreder75
                      forgot to ask ya, VH..what're you using for that delay/echo? And do you crank the amp up way loud when you record? I'm addicted to those friggin' clips man..lol
                      I use a Cakewalk plugin called Timeworks delay and set it to anywhere between 250 and 300 millisecond delay.

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
                      I thoroughly enjoyed those clips! By the way, where do you set your eq's on your amps?
                      Thanks SoCalSteve. I use a few different settings. For my 1970 Marshall clips i had the amp set with all controls on 10. On this ac/dc plexi clip my settings are presence-10, bass-a little before 2, mid-10, treble-10, volume-slight bit above 6 but i change them a little here and there for other clips but very slightly. For my 5150 combo i usually use these settings.5150 settings
                      You can set the presence lower or higher depending on what pickup your using.
                      Last edited by VHoholic; 04-18-2007, 01:17 PM.
                      Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

nice
                        Guitar:
                        2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
                        Amp:
                        EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
                        Effects:
                        G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
                          nice
                          Thanks Richard!
                          Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

What effects?

Are you using any effects such as Delay or Tape Echo or something or is that just reverb from the AMP / Plexi?

Thanks
                            Tim
                            Tim..

Comment

Originally posted by DotNetTim
                              Are you using any effects such as Delay or Tape Echo or something or is that just reverb from the AMP / Plexi?

Thanks
                              Tim
                              hey Tim. On this clip it's just delay. I used the plugin for Cakewalk and added it afterwards in the mix. The plexi doesn't have any built in effects.
                              Last edited by VHoholic; 03-17-2004, 08:24 AM.
                              Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Working...
                              X