Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!HELP- Gibson Dirty Fingers!!!

Hi there,

I need your help please, what are your opinions/thoughts on the Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups, can one get high pinched harmonics on them, do they squeel, are they strong pickups? Does anyone know where I can get sound samples of theses pickups?

Thanking you kindly.

Re: !!!HELP- Gibson Dirty Fingers!!!

The are reportedly loud as MoFo's, perhaps very fuzzy, and very cool. That's based on my rumour file in my brain. Wait for someone who knows better than me. Bottom line I beieve them to be cool. Can't say I've ever heard them come to think of it. I know Steve Clarke (Def Lep) used them live in one axe and perhaps on Hysteria...not that you could tell much through the processing....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Do a search. You're bound to find a few threads that discuss that pickup.

Comment

John Skyes uses them in his paul ..I got one in my charvel ...very ballsy love em
        NOTHING LEADS TO NOTHING

Comment

They're about 16k with double adjustable poles instead of pole-and-slug. I think the magnet is A5.
          Generic signature line.

Comment

Whick pots should I use in conjunction with these pickups in my Epiphone Les Paul?

Thankyou for your help.

Comment

I have two of them in my Gibson E/2 Explorer. They came stock in these guitars back in 1981. Mine was made in Kalamazoo with a cherry finish. They do have alot of fuzz and chunk to them. The original ones are quite pricey these days.

Comment

The magnet is ceramic.

Comment

I purchased one yesterday as they were on 60% discount so I got one for really cheap, haven't heard much of them that why I need some info: does anyone know the specs for it as it's not on the gibson website?

Comment

Pots: I like 300k pots with the high outut stuff in the bridge. Keeps the shrill/harsh factor tamed just a bit. That's my preference. Most would say 500k. What pots are in there now...epi varies.

Also - where did you get them. I'm thinking I'd like to try a DF in a "The Paul"?? 60% - I'd get it just to have it around!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

500K pots are in them now, I live in Southern Africa got it at a local music store 20th anniversary sale

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun
                        They're about 16k with double adjustable poles instead of pole-and-slug. I think the magnet is A5.
                        It's 3 ceramic magnets, the large ceramic center magnet with the two flanking ceramics. I find it a little gritty and grainy. I like it in a dirty blues strat more than a Gibson style.

Comment

Working...
                        X