No announcement yet.

"And Your Bird Can Sing" advice wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And Your Bird Can Sing" advice wanted.

Is it possible to make this sound decent on one guitar?
    I've got Hal Leonards song book with what is supposed to be a note for note transcription, but it is written out for three guitars.
    Since I'm not as yet set up to record, I am trying to work out some single guitar lines that get close to the record.
    Has anyone done this and can offer me some tips?
    TIA.

Re: "And Your Bird Can Sing" advice wanted.

One of my favorites!!! Use a 12 string!
    You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
    - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyEarl
      One of my favorites!!! Use a 12 string!
      +1

AND find a friend that can harmonize with ya'.

I was doing this song with my brother about a week ago & have to say, it sounded pretty damned good

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

is it harmonized strictly in one key? or better yet strictly parallel intervals? if so, you can get an intelligent (or not so intelligent, in the case of parallel) pitch shifter to play the other part ... a cooler thing might be to see if you just reintpret the tune in your own way - not a strict 'tribute band perfect' copy

good luck
        have fun

t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
        X