Diff in C5 and Blues Trembucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff in C5 and Blues Trembucker?

For a long time Ive considered getting a Blues Saraceno Trembucker for my RG.. I recently put in a C5 and am quite happy with the tone Im getting.. How would the pickups differ?? Tho Im pleased, Im still worried Im missing something..
    Please advise.. thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

the c5 is a little hotter and has a little deeper bottom than the blues. they have similar eq curves but are voiced differently

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jeremy! You been guiding me with this for a long time. Sorry. I just dont have the extra $$ to just try the Blues just to see.. Im actually pretty happy with the way the C5 sounds in that axe and have been getting compliments on my tone.. Im just afraid Im missing something by not trying the Blues.
      C5 is hotter and more lows huh? I may have to break down and see just to quench the mystery..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I wouldn't quite say the EQ's are similar, at least not to my ears. Having tried both in the same guitar through the same amp, I can say that the C5 has more bass and treble, and less mids. The C5 is also brighter with more output. I didn't like the C5 at all in my guitar, but I've been very happy with the Blues Trembucker. It has a very even EQ with medium output, and it's warmer than the C5.

Bloodrose, are you still interested in buying mine? I mentioned it a while back on the old board, and you said you might be interested. I'm going to have the custom shop wind me a standard spaced, standard polepiece version of the Blues with a cover, to put in a different guitar. I want to try something different in my Wolfgang, and as soon as I get around to rounding off the baseplates on the new pickups, I'm going to take the Blues out.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

IMHO the blues delivers a much better balanced tone.
          the C5 to me at least was very dissapointing
          it was really" BLAH" or dull compared to a
          pup like the blues PATB-3 which is very underated. I like this one more than a C5,demon,or CC.
          it is extremly balanced tonally at 6/3/6 bass,mids,treble

Comment

Yeah, Ill not be satisfied till I try it and know for sure.. Ryan, yes, still interested. Last we discussed, I think you were unsure of time frame. Send me a Pm or email and let me know what time frame and price you have in mind..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X