Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Acousticy" electric pickups?

Originally posted by theodie View Post
    Transparent, the Bill Lawrence L-500 series willl give you lots of it.

My thoughts exactly... Bartolini also makes / made a humbucker with a "flat" response
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

The Ultrasonic line from the 80's designed by Bill Lawrence are about the most transparent I have ever heard. Very flat eq's.

Comment

Also, I was wondering, does a flat EQ necessarily prove/disprove that the pickup is better, or no?
        My Website || My Music
        Originally posted by US Declaration of Independence
        ... are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights....
        Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

You can look at pickups in two ways. Either you want to give the sound of the guitar unaffected or you want to change the way it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinReverb View Post
            Also, I was wondering, does a flat EQ necessarily prove/disprove that the pickup is better, or no?
            Does setting all the sliders on a graphic EQ to the middle (flat) make it better?
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              Does setting all the sliders on a graphic EQ to the middle (flat) make it better?
              I'm just asking what people's opinions are.
              My Website || My Music
              Gear: Boss ME70, Ovation CC44, ESP EC-1000FM, Fender Twin Reverb, Fender Pro Junior, Fender Showmaster FMT HH

Comment

I think it's evident that most people do NOT want a flat eq. That's why we go all out on tube amps, which color our sound way more than transistors, overdrive pedals, equalizers, different cabinets, speakers, strings, etc....
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  I think it's evident that most people do NOT want a flat eq. That's why we go all out on tube amps, which color our sound way more than transistors, overdrive pedals, equalizers, different cabinets, speakers, strings, etc....
                  True. Maybe EMG is building pickups geared towards those using such equipment? Just wondering.
                  My Website || My Music

Comment

Originally posted by TwinReverb View Post
                    True. Maybe EMG is building pickups geared towards those using such equipment? Just wondering.
                    EMG builds pickups for people who use high gain amps and lots of pedals, people who run straight from the guitar into the amp, people who plug into the computer, people who play blues, rock, metal....

They're doing the same thing every pickup manufacturer is doing: making pickups for people who like to change them

Comment

I think the varying EQ response from each pickup is its individuality and thus the draw of each pickup.
                      Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Working...
                      X