Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnet

hey there.

I have a garnet revolution III and know very little about it, or the garnet name for that matter, other than the information on his website.

Does anyone know anything about these amps, such as which tubes I could replace the old ones with and any combination of guitars and pedals I could use to make this amp sing?

I should add, this amp is believed to be rare because it has less pots on the top than any pictured on his website.

Re: Garnet

Welcome to the forum. You might try the search function for Garnet. Off the top of my head, I know of one forumite who knows quite a bit about Garnet amps.....kevlar3000. He collects inexpensive oddball tube amps of all types, and tweaks them to sound even better. If he doesn't find this thread, look him up in the member database, and send him a PM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

They were built in Winnipeg and used by Randy Bachman ... that's all I know.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I had a Garnett Deputy amp years ago-12" speaker, it had 2 6l6's in it and really sounded pretty good. But I was playing with a guy that had a Sunn Colisum amp w/2 cabs,and it couldn't stay up with that- so it didn't stay with me too long.
        " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Thanks GJ!!

I have a Garnet Rebel Reverb PA, screamin little 6l6 head. I tweaked each of the 4 inputs so I have different tones on each one. Its like having four little Marshalls. Love it.

The garnet website should have a link to a yahoo user group. That community can help with everything. They are great.

I am a huge fan of Canadian vintage amps, I have 4 Traynors and a Garnet. I would love to track down a Garnet Duputy... It ain't the Marshall, it's the Deputy....

The BTO ( Big Time Overdrive) is the model Randy Bachman used, I also believe the Guess Who used them too.
          ]
          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000 View Post
            The BTO ( Big Time Overdrive) is the model Randy Bachman used, I also believe the Guess Who used them too.
            Randy Bachman was in The Guess Who.

He also used a Garnet Herzog, which was a preamp designed to get ridiculous (for the time) levels of gain when run into the front of an amp. It basically accomplished the same thing Randall Smith did with the Mesa Mark 1. Listen to the lead tone on "No Time" or "American Woman" by The Guess Who ... that's the Herzog.
            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

LOL, thanks for the correction!! Being in Canada, you better know that stuff!
              ]
              FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!

Comment

I'm pretty sure BTO stood for "Big Timer Operator".
                Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

That's me mixing the BTO with BTO....LOL, type faster than I think at times...
                  ]
                  FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!

Comment

Working...
                  X