Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #AMP Query#

Hi there,

I have a brian may vox "deacy amp" i would like to know how can I firstly install a foot switch in it as it does not have one and secondly how 'drive' it through other amps for a full 100 watt sound - like brian does on stage?

Thanks

Re: #AMP Query#

**Bump**

Comment

What do you want the footswitch to do?

There's several ways to run the output of one amp into another. Here's one:

Jensen-Transformers - Schematics

Scroll down to "Musical Instrument Application Schematics", and then look at document AS045. That should be a good starting point.

Comment

There are no footswitchable features on the Brian May recording amp...I am assuming you want to convert the high/low gain switch to a footswitch, if so forget it...it would be insanely costly plus no one is gonna want to mess with it.

As for driving anlther amp with it you plug your guitar into the input then take a cord form the "booster oiutput" jack (located right next to the gain control) and plug that into the input of your big amp.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          There are no footswitchable features on the Brian May recording amp...I am assuming you want to convert the high/low gain switch to a footswitch, if so forget it...it would be insanely costly plus no one is gonna want to mess with it.

As for driving anlther amp with it you plug your guitar into the input then take a cord form the "booster oiutput" jack (located right next to the gain control) and plug that into the input of your big amp.
          So you sure its alright if I plug a cord from the booster to my marshall Valvestate Amp it wont blow it or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumanji View Post
            So you sure its alright if I plug a cord from the booster to my marshall Valvestate Amp it wont blow it or anything?
            Thats what it's made for...read the manual that comes with the amp.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
            X