Looking for a Simple Guitar -> PC interface w/ recording / Drum software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Simple Guitar -> PC interface w/ recording / Drum software

... Essentially just something to plug into my laptop, write a quick drum loop, set the tone and press "go"..... nothing too fancy, but some tonal flexibility would be great

So far, the Line 6 Guitarport looks like an interesting product... and comments, alternatives, ideas?
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Re: Looking for a Simple Guitar -> PC interface w/ recording / Drum software

I've always heard guitarport was the most minimal and easiest setup.
    Speak through your fingers

Comment

Well, it can be a bit more than that. The Toneport also looks interesting, but does Live have an integrated drum synth?

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I would get the Toneport and Live has a sampler that you can use for drums or use loops in Live, it also supports vst instruments.
        Pulse 2AM - YouTube
        Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

VST Instruments?

SOLD!

But seriously, anyone else have any recommendations or input? Anyone here worked with Live before?

Comment

I've used the toneport stuff at a friends house. It's good stuff. I don't know about the drum things though.

I use a POD XT and seperate drum programs.
            "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Comment

Am listening to your infinite ending stuff on myspace - and i hear its got a lotta synth in it - maybe this would be better?

Create, record and perform with guitar in new ways.

Comment

Seeing as I myself don´t actually play keys, it would only really be more practical for programming the drums.....

and I think that would kind of defeat the portability aspect to a certain extent as well.... then again, it´s probably not a great idea to lug a Toneport around with you anyway from what I gather...

BTW, does anybody have a Toneport? What does the label say as to where it was made?

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                  VST Instruments?

SOLD!

But seriously, anyone else have any recommendations or input? Anyone here worked with Live before?
                  i work with live 5.3 alot
                  it's a great tool for making instant music
                  i have the toneport too but live 4 is really limited.just 4 tracks ,no track import and blah.but the library for rythm is great.
                  www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Seeing as I myself don´t actually play keys, it would only really be more practical for programming the drums.....

and I think that would kind of defeat the portability aspect to a certain extent as well.... then again, it´s probably not a great idea to lug a Toneport around with you anyway from what I gather...

BTW, does anybody have a Toneport? What does the label say as to where it was made?
                    Made in china. I have it too and the recording quality is decent. I have yet to use it with mics to record, but I heard it sounds good. For the drums I would just get a drumming program.
                    Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
                    Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
                    Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
                    Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
                    Fender Frontman 15g
                    Cry Baby
                    Boss DS-2
                    Boss CE-3
                    Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Line 6 RiffTracker for quick & easy.
                      Curt
                      CGord on myspace.com or soundclick.com

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Black Cherry
                      Dean Z-X, SD SH-6 Distortion (bridge), Black
                      Ibanez RG410, EMG 85, Pearl Red
                      Squier '51, 2-Tone Sunburst
                      Washburn WG587, Metallic Red
                      Schecter Stiletto Deluxe-5 bass, Black
                      Ibanez SR500 bass, Satin Mahogany

Comment

Originally posted by greendy123 View Post
                        Made in china. .....
                        Crap...... Anyone know any alternatives from MoTU or M-audio for example??

Comment

Crap...... Anyone know any alternatives from MoTU or M-audio for example??
                          m audio balckbox
                          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Anyone here worked with Live before?
                            Yes a lot and it's a great program, there are better for making full blown recordings imo but what it is designed for is a live performance. That said you can record with just fine.
                            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

So what did you decide zerb???

Comment

Working...
                              X