Could this be a PAF PRO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be a PAF PRO?

Looks more like a Tone Zone to me, but the seller INSISTED it was a PAF PRO, saying it was an older model before they used 2 rows of allen pole pieces...

The only PAF PRO I saw similar to this was an OEM Fender humbucker made by Dimarzio for the Richie Sambora Strat (which this guy said it didn't come from)

Re: Could this be a PAF PRO?

Originally posted by Fusion1
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41426

Looks more like a Tone Zone to me, but the seller INSISTED it was a PAF PRO, saying it was an older model before they used 2 rows of allen pole pieces...

The only PAF PRO I saw similar to this was an OEM Fender humbucker made by Dimarzio for the Richie Sambora Strat (which this guy said it didn't come from)
    The mounting ears makes it look like a Dimarzio for sure...No numbers or lettering on the bottom plate or anywhere along the pickup? What about the dc resistance readings? That would get you alot closer...Memory tells me that the PAF Pro is in the 9 to 9.5k range?

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The guy is still selling this and the only info he is giving out is that it says Made by Dimarzio... It doesn't say DP-151, so it seems fishy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
        The guy is still selling this and the only info he is giving out is that it says Made by Dimarzio... It doesn't say DP-151, so it seems fishy to me.
        Hey Fusion buddy...if you're not sure about what you are actually buying,do yourself a favor and shy away from that one..There's always going to be alot of others on e bay or from a forum member..

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Hails man
          ask the guy if that pup is from a Yamaha pacifica.
          could be a paf pro CUSTOM.
          made from dimarzio specially for Yamaha pacifica.
          i had one
          Q
          Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
          Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
          Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
          Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
          Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
          Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
          Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
          Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

My 1998 PAF Pro has 2 rows of allen screws for what that's worth. - Rob

Comment

it could be a dimarzio paf

Comment

Re: Re: Could this be a PAF PRO?

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                The mounting ears makes it look like a Dimarzio for sure...No numbers or lettering on the bottom plate or anywhere along the pickup? What about the dc resistance readings? That would get you alot closer...Memory tells me that the PAF Pro is in the 9 to 9.5k range?

John
                that is probably from a yamaha guitar and is very similar to a PAF pro.

Comment

So what's the dc resistance measurement on the pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                    So what's the dc resistance measurement on the pickup?
                    yeah that would help? a paf pro is at 8.40K according to dimarzio's site

Comment

Working...
                    X