banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Something That Will Really Stick Rubber To Metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Gorilla Glue like Gorilla snot? I'd hate to confuse those on a gig!

Mike

Comment

msawitzke Is Gorilla Glue like Gorilla snot? I'd hate to confuse those on a gig!
      Must be a finger picker.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

Go with the rubber adhesive. The trick is to prepare the surface correctly. Although you may think its clean there will ALWAYS be traces of residue on the surfaces you are glueing. Wipe them down thoroughly (both surfaces) with laquer thinner and remove all the old glue and dirt. If you dull the surfaces thats ok. (Remember to follow the manufacturers safety guidelines.) This is the main trick 90% of people miss when using adhesives and its really 90% of the job. It'll do the trick I promise

Jim

Comment

gorilla snot is most likely what its called actually.
          esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
          fender mim standard strat
          peavey classic 30
          johnson j-station
          original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
          dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
          yamaha f-310p acoustic
          taylor 410 acoustic
          "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Nope, Gorilla Snot is a gripping rosin used to help hold on to drumsticks, fiddle bows, and so on. It's also used to keep finger picks from sliding off, that's what I've seen it used for the most. I suppose you could use it with flatpicks too, but I don't know anybody that does.

Comment

Gorrilla Glue is great stuff, But the Spray 77 should do the job. I
              have a lot of experince working with the 77 from being in the graphics field. Have you tried spraying it on the metal box and
              let it dry for a 1/2 hour ( rubbing alcohols will help to) spray it on
              the rubber same thing let it dry. When both sufaces are both dry but still tacky put em' together!! Should bond no problem ??
              Gorrilla glue has a foaming action, So use it sparingly. It also works best when you clamp it. It take's a few hours to dry(cure)
              But once it does IT AIN'T GONNA COME OFF.
              http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Have you thought about using Epoxy Resin at all?

It's what I use to stick Strap locks into my guitars when they come loose. I did the 1st 1 about 5 years ago and it's not moved since

Comment

Still say you should screw 'em down.

Comment

Re: Need Something That Will Really Stick Rubber To Metal?

how 'bout JB Weld?

Comment

Re: Need Something That Will Really Stick Rubber To Metal?

John, If you want the rubber to stay on forever, use 2 part epoxy. It comes in a varity of qualitys. For Concrete, Plastics, etc. It comes in a seringe applicator so you get equal amounts of adhesive, and activator. Brush some on both sides stick it together, let it dry for a few hours and it ain't ever gonna come off!!! P.S. I haven't sent my Wah yet, been busy, but I will get it to you As soon as I get a chance!
                      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                      X