$180 for vox tonelab tabletop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $180 for vox tonelab tabletop?

I got a line on a vox tabletop model tonelab (without a pedal board) for $180, which includes my state's crappy sales tax. I'd use it with my power block.

So....I played through it and an AC30, and it sounded....well, OK. Kinda like my line 6 in that some settings were cool, and others were muffled. Without a pedal board, I'd be kinda screwed with one sound in a jamming situation. And if I bought a floor board or MIDI thing, I'd drop way too much on what it sounds like it's worth to me.

I dunno. I guess in this case, the price is right, but not the deal.

Any thoughts?

Re: $180 for vox tonelab tabletop?

The vox, like a POD is VERY tweakable and I found that the vox was much more user friendly than the POD for dialing good, usable tones. Give it some time and turn those knobs before giving up on it.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I use the Tonelab and love it. If it;s in good condition, go for it. That's a good price.

If the amp you're playing it through has an effects loop (input) switch the Tonelab to "line" on the back. That will take care of the "muddiness"
      "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Normally, the cost of the tabletop ToneLab plus the foot controller is about equal to that of the ToneLab SE. But if you are getting the unit for a good deal, it brings the whole price down a bit. I really like the variety of tones possible with the ToneLab.
        Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Originally posted by baritone View Post
          Normally, the cost of the tabletop ToneLab plus the foot controller is about equal to that of the ToneLab SE. But if you are getting the unit for a good deal, it brings the whole price down a bit. I really like the variety of tones possible with the ToneLab.

That's true. I bought them separately because it's easier to see the tonelab controls when it's sitting on the amp, versus trying to see it on the floor. That way I don;t have to bend down to tweak it.
          "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

I think more manufacturers of multi-effect processors should make processors which consist of a tabletop or rackmount unit plus a floor controller.
            Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Working...
            X