JB or C-5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB or C-5?

Im gonna get new pickups in one of my Schecter C-1+'s. Mahogany body with flame maple top. It will be played through a Peavey triple xxx combo. I play emo/screamo music, my band sorta sounds like Matchbook Romance, The Early November, and Senses Fail mixed. right now theres a 59/59 set in it. For the neck i think im gonna put a Full Shred. For the bridge im torn between the C-5 and the JB. Any suggestions?
    PRS Singlecuts
    Epiphone Sheraton II
    Vintage acoustics

Hi Push, well....Mahogany body and maple top is gonna be kinda tonally similar to a Les Paul. I've used the JB in LP's, and liked them. The JB is very versatile....it can do Classic Rock, and it can do Heavier stuff as well. The JB just seems to be an all around good pickup. Some people feel the JB is pretty bright, and in the wrong guitar it can be. With the Mahogany, that will take away some of the brightness. The amp you plan to use will also play a factor. I know a lot of players on here really like the C-5. I've never used one of em, so I can't comment on them. Go to the Tips and Clips page, and listen to some clips of each pickup. You can also go to the SD Homepage, and hear em there. Hope this helps.
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I prefer the C-5, especially for cleans. The JB has more of a growly, mid heavy unique sound, but I still prefer the C-5. I have it in a schecter and it sounds great. It all comes down to personal preference.
      Originally posted by The Minstrel
      Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

some would say the JB lacks lows. that is partially true, but u can set up ur amp/tone knobs around that. I have never used a C-5, but hear great thigns about them.

the JB is a great pickup.

id reccomend, taking the 59b out of ur 59/59 and throwing in a JB. if ur not happy u can 30day the JB and trade it for a C-5 or the fs u wanted. u cant go wrong
        Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
        Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
        Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
        Crate VC-3112
        Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
        Fender Bassman 60

Comment

thanks guys, ive played the JB in a Les Paul and i really liked it but i want to try the C-5. Im still not sure but im leaning towards the zebra C-5 that Buckeyedog has for sale. As for the full shred in the neck, i read a post describing the sound and it sounds like an awesome pickup. I am only 17 and am not rich so ill prolly keep the 59 in the neck for a while and just put a new bridge pickup in for now. Any other opinions? Those are prolly the 2 most popular high output pickups Seymour makes. Theres gotta be more opinions...
          Last edited by Push to Shuv; 03-19-2004, 11:53 PM.
          PRS Singlecuts
          Epiphone Sheraton II
          Vintage acoustics

Comment

I think you'd do fine with either the JB or C-5 . Good Luck!!!!!
            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I have a JB/59 in my Schecter C1-Classic and love it. Very versitle.

Comment

Yeah, that's the thing with the JB. The versatility in that pickup is really cool.
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Plus, I think it blends well with Mahogany.
                  Only The Strong Survive

Comment

i played the C-1 classic (JB/59) the other day at guitar center and it sounded awesome, i wanna hear opinions on the C-5 though
                    PRS Singlecuts
                    Epiphone Sheraton II
                    Vintage acoustics

Comment

the C5(according to the sites description) is apparently like a '59 with higher output, and a deeper bottom end.
                      or, as i would say:

it screams, and it has a big ass

Comment

Working...
                      X