my JB has arrived!!! =D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my JB has arrived!!! =D

Got a call from geetar center yesterday..my JB trembucker has arrived and it 'ready to shred' as the guy on the phone put it =D

of course I have to wait till the tech comes in on wednesday to have it put in..then I gotta wait till the FOLLOWING wednesday till he comes back with it installed...but I can't wait! I'm practically foaming at the mouth to get my hands on this puppy...

I'll post thoughts and sound clips when I get it back. hope it's worth the wait!
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Ahhh.. I love that feeling of anticipation, knowing that when you next plug your guitar in it's going to sound so much better...

One piece of unsolicited advice: you may want to get the tech's thoughts for installing a 250k volume pot along with your JB. I had a JB installed about a month ago and found it to be quite a bright pickup, and I'm going to try something akin to switching my volume pot from 500k to 250k to tone it down a bit (look at the 500k vs 250k thread for more details). I think even Seymour himself recommends a 250k. But if you like it really bright, forget all this.

Just wanted to pass on my own personal experience!
    Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
    Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
    Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
    http://emayhem.com/the_fords
    (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

I've heard a bit about this....I have an ESP lynch model...I'm pretty sure it's got a 250k pot in there already..cause it came with a demon...

I know it's got a 500 and a 250 in there..for tone and volume...but I can't remember which is which now..

any ideas?
      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
      My Gear Pix
      My SPLAWN Clips
      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

you are lucky...............i'm still waiting for mine to arrive

Comment

did you get the regular version or the trembucker? they didn't have the tb-4 at Guitarcenter..which is why I had to order it..took about two weeks..

how long have you been waiting? I see you're across the pond as they say...that's gotta be keeping it up too I'd think..
          Splawn QR
          Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
          Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
          My Gear Pix
          My SPLAWN Clips
          My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Working...
          X