Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Speed MechaniX practice thread!

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Was this thread with the Troy Stetina book?
    You got it, bro. I'm not what you'd call naturally gifted, so these mechanics things are hard. But, nothing worth doing right was ever very easy. I'm old, and getting too old to keep on sucking.

-Matt
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Good to see you back in the fold Wendell.
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Is it too late to join this, err, book-group-thing? I've realized I really want to increase the speed in my lead playing, at least get it up to Iron Maiden/Judas Priest/Van Halen speed, right now I'm around Paul Kossoff/Solo Clapton speed. And from reading this thread, this book sounds like the kind of regimented course that I could really use. So, tell me guys, will it help?
        The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
        And Here on Bandcamp!
        Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

never too late to join. if you really stick with it and put the right effort into it, you should obtain great results.

Comment

I'm only on page 20 or something. No worries. This is a self-paced home study course.

Comment

Originally posted by Corbic View Post
              Is it too late to join this, err, book-group-thing? I've realized I really want to increase the speed in my lead playing, at least get it up to Iron Maiden/Judas Priest/Van Halen speed, right now I'm around Paul Kossoff/Solo Clapton speed. And from reading this thread, this book sounds like the kind of regimented course that I could really use. So, tell me guys, will it help?
              It's not at all too late. Pick it up whenever you can, it's really really useful. Good luck with it bro

See if we can't get this thread up and running again.
              Fender Guitars ~ Marshall Amps ~ Seymour Duncan Pickups

Match Made in Heaven

Comment

Well, I busted it out tonight, I go up to around #8 and that kicked my butt. All at like 80bpm, of course. I've really gotten bad since college! I think I'm going to try to dedicate an hour a night to good practice for a month, using this book as a course. I've been stuck in the "play the same thing" rut whenever I pick up the guitar, this should definately get me thinking in a different direction.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nearly two years later…How's everyone doing with this?

To give you an indication of where I'm at, I totally forgot I had these books. Yay me.

- Keith
                  Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Interesting stuff.

Where can I get a copy of this book?
                    "If I wasn’t a musician, I’d probably play the drums." - Clay Cook

Comment

Here.
                      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Cool...Thanks.

I was thrown off by the "X" at the end of MechaniX on the thread title and got lost.
                        "If I wasn’t a musician, I’d probably play the drums." - Clay Cook

Comment

• All the regulars are gone, is anyone using Stetina material for practice?
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

• I have the book, haven't opened it in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                              Someone gave me a copy a long time ago. A think I traded it for a Ty Knuckles.
                              Hopefully one worth $8,000 now!

Anyway, I’ve broken mine back out.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

• Seems rudimentary to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X