Foam for mounting P90 soapbars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam for mounting P90 soapbars

Tech support has suggested that I mount my P90 soapbar's over foam instead of the springs that were originally there. The first foam I bought seems to be too mushy - it flattens out too easily without pushing up on the pickup. I went to all of the places in my area like the Rag Shop (a craft store) and couldn't find anything better.

Any suggestions on the type of foam to use and where to get it would be appreciated.

Have you tried a hardware store? They usually have a variety of foam products. You might also try an auto parts store. I use black foam rubber material for what you're looking to do. It's similar to the foam used to seal around car doors. Spongy but not too much so.

Comment

Thanks Tweed. The latest thing I found was at Home Depot. It is a large piece of grey/black foam shapped into a right angle with a handle for sanding the corner between 2 walls. Each surface of the right angle has anm abbrasive surface which I would cut off of course. If this doesn't work, I'll go to the auto parts place next. So far, I have paid nearly $20 for foam! But until the pickups are installed correctly, I guess cost can't be a consideration.

Comment

Working...
      X