banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here uses .009 gauge strings on their les paul or les paul copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who here uses .009 gauge strings on their les paul or les paul copy?

Originally posted by fusion101 View Post
    Actually I start off all my electric guitar students will 11's. It strengthens their hands from the get go, and starts them off with great tone.
    That`s a very good way to get a strong hand
    Can`t get good tone with a dead wiener hand
    sigpic

Comment

I use hybrids almost exclusively, perhaps a 10-52 set every once in a while.

Comment

I use 9's on all my Starts and Superstarts, but on a Paul I would use 10's.

Comment

I've been using 9s since 1968.

Comment

10s on all my guitars.
            *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
            Originally posted by Slash2987
            Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
            Originally posted by PVFan
            I'm a good sex man.
            Originally posted by Grumpy
            I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Originally posted by kaffimann View Post
              I think 9`s are for beginners ! Yes it`s true
              Anyone who says 9 feels better just got some weak hands and need to practrice some more,play your axe for a while and you`ll soon climb the ladder.
              LOL

Comment

I use 9's on the majority of my Les Pauls. I also use 10's and 11's. I'm not real particular about strings.

Comment

It seems rediculous when anybody says "Thick strings = good tone" or something we've all seen contradicted a billion times.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                    LOL
                    LOL too
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                      It seems rediculous when anybody says "Thick strings = good tone" or something we've all seen contradicted a billion times.

Thick strings don't equal good tone. They equal better tone. If someone has amazing tones with a set of 9's, just imagine how much better their tone could be if they use 11's.

Comment

I use 9-46 for "E" tuning, and 10-52 for "D". No big deal.

Macho proclamations of thick this-and-that are just latent "sword fights" for some.
                        Last edited by Sludgenutz; 01-27-2007, 10:41 PM.

Comment

11-48 is my favorite- I definitely notice an improvement in tone over 10's. However, when you go much heavier than that it seems the improvement diminishes and isn't worth the added playing difficulty.

Also, I could very well be wrong, but I think that 11's and 12's are only considered light or medium when used on acoustics.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousForSustain View Post
                            11-48 is my favorite- I definitely notice an improvement in tone over 10's. However, when you go much heavier than that it seems the improvement diminishes and isn't worth the added playing difficulty.

Also, I could very well be wrong, but I think that 11's and 12's are only considered light or medium when used on acoustics.
                            Yeah. I use 13's on acoustics and they don't feel heavy to me.

Comment

9-46 gives me the best balance of thick tone on the bottom and SRV bendiness on top. I bend every third note, so I don't like 10's as much for that. And I've never heard a difference between the two.

I'm completely with Jolly on this one!

Comment

I also have mostly used a hybrid 46 to 09 on LPs, but recently have liked straight 10s quite a bit. It takes my wimpy fingers a little getting used to after tossing around the nines for awhile, but sounds pretty good.
                                "If you love them blues, play 'em as you please"
                                -Michael Bloomfield

Comment

Working...
                                X