Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickups and Axes 4 sale

Originally posted by gpenguins View Post
    I've gotta say, if I could have afforded it, I would have bought more guitars from BR. I got his blue Focus 6000 and his Carvin V220, and both are incredible! He's more than honest in his descriptions of everything, and I couldn't be happier with the guitars.

I hope the 'bay works out for you man!
    Thanks for the kind words! I was wondering how you were liking them. Is the carvin working out for you? Isnt that kramer a cool color? Its a good player isnt it??
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

You're quite welcome, and thanks again for the great deals.

Yeah, I'm loving the Carvin, although I've already broken the high E on it - I'm not used to Kahlers, and in the past haven't cared for them, but this one feels different from the others I've played, maybe it's that thicker bar.

That Kramer is an awesome color, even moreso in person - I can see why your kids liked it I love playing those older Kramers with OFRs and no trem recess, they just feel so, I don't know, solid I think is the word I'm looking for. I used to hate the fatter necks on those, but as I've gotten older, I really like them now. The only thing on that is that I don't care much for the Duncan Designed pup in it, so I'm going to change it, maybe a JB or a Dimarzio Tone Zone - either of those will give it a nice kick I think.
      Last edited by gpenguins; 03-20-2007, 09:48 AM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Dang bro! Are you buddies with Prince with all those purple guitars?

Hope all works out for ya.
        I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Originally posted by gpenguins View Post
          You're quite welcome, and thanks again for the great deals.

Yeah, I'm loving the Carvin, although I've already broken the high E on it - I'm not used to Kahlers, and in the past haven't cared for them, but this one feels different from the others I've played, maybe it's that thicker bar.

That Kramer is an awesome color, even moreso in person - I can see why your kids liked it I love playing those older Kramers with OFRs and no trem recess, they just feel so, I don't know, solid I think is the word I'm looking for. I used to hate the fatter necks on those, but as I've gotten older, I really like them now. The only thing on that is that I don't care much for the Duncan Designed pup in it, so I'm going to change it, maybe a JB or a Dimarzio Tone Zone - either of those will give it a nice kick I think.
          glad you are enjoying! I love the old kramers like that. Im used to a recessed trem so I figured it would feel odd, but yeah solid as a tank and maybe the extra wood accounts for some of it.
          Yeah, a diff pickup will wake it up. I had a jb in it for a bit, but had to use it for a diff axe. I bought the guitar with no pickups and I wanted to sell it complete and playable.
          I have a Custom 8 in my Focus 6000 and it is EVIL!! : )
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
            Dang bro! Are you buddies with Prince with all those purple guitars?

Hope all works out for ya.
            No, just happens to be my fav color. Purple and black.
            thanks for the well wishes.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The Kramer JK1000
              Carvin SC90
              Michael Kelly patriot Q have all been sold.

The RG 570 is no longer avail.

The Jackson DK2 is on ebay and can be had for $350 on ebay.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
              X