ESP's and pots...question for owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreder75
    ok..gotcha..sounded like you might've been using the neck pickup for that? maybe that's what threw me off...

heh..maiden rules! of course the new stuff sux, in my opinion..I wanted to toss teh new album out the window after I heard it!

but I saw them last year at MSG..they played NOTHING BUT OLD STUFF!!!!!!! one of the best concerts I've seen =D

and you're quite welcome for the kind words...the singer sounds like michael sweet!
    Personally, I love the new CD, and the shows @ Hammerstein rocked!! I had tix for all 4 nights, but only got to see them 3 nights, b/c the 4th was cancelled.

I saw them 5 times for the Give Me Ed tour, as well. So, I guess you could say I'm a fan!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

ahhh, that's where you and I tend to disagree...lol...

most everything after seventh son is not too good, in my opinion...once adrian left they got janik gers....what do you think of him? Adrian Smith's one of my favorite guitarists..and I know, he's not a technical tour de force, but when it comes to well throught out, heart felt solos that fit and KILLER vibrato, he's great! =D

don't get me wrong..there were a few good songs put out after 7th son..chains of mysery, bring your daughter to the slaughter, be quick or be dead, wicker man...but I thought they were few and far between...

one thing about the new CD is it sounds like it was recorded underwater..lol...

But hey, at least I found a fellow maiden maniac who also happens to like lynch model esp's and duncan JB pups..lol..

hope I didn't insult ya or anything! I'm just an old maiden die hard..
      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
      George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
      My Gear Pix
      My SPLAWN Clips
      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

I read you LOUD AND CLEAR, my friend! A lot of guys on the Maiden forum are fans of my band, actually, and we debate Maiden lore all the time ...

I personally like Gers and think he's becoming a real force. For me, it's all about Murray, and I agree that they really hit a creative peak with Powerslave/Somewhere In Time/Piece of Mind era. I love Visions of the Beast, too!!

Oh, btw, it's now OFFICIAL. Dave Murray is now using Wayne Rock Legend guitars, as well!! What can I say? The man has impeccable taste!!

Comment

I should head over to that forum sometime =D

I think Dave Murray's decent...I think he's been doing alotta the same things for the past 20+ years as well...the trills, the legatto blues stuff....definetly a solid lead and rythm though!

I found Adrian to be the more solid song writer though..sea of madness, wasted years, gangland, the prisoner, wickerman, lonliness of the long distance runner, two minutes to midnight, back in the village, etc, etc..great song writer! Been bustin' my ass to find his A.S.A.P stuff..hah, fat chance of that! lol..

I don't think it's humanly possibly for me to put into words how much I absolutely loath Gers...hahaah...

I've been diggin' that endless days song...cool vocals on that! like the harmonies as well..

now, this wayne guitar business...i have to admit that I've never heard of them! Will Dave Murray ever be teh same without a strat attached to him? =D

I used to live breath and eat maiden for years when I was in middle and high school...bordering on obsession..they were the first band that I was ever hardcore about...
          Splawn QR
          Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
          Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
          My Gear Pix
          My SPLAWN Clips
          My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Thanx for the kind words about Endless Days ... the version that's on the web site is actually my M1 thru my VG-88 ...

Oh, you should do yourself a favour and check out www.wayneguitars.com. It's the new company by Wayne Charvel and his son, Michael! Basically, it's 3 guys making guitars entirely by hand ... very cool stuff. I have one, and have one on order.

Murray's Waynes look just like Strats at 1st blush ...

Oh, if you go to http://randombenpix.tripod.com you will see a bunch of random pix of me ... my Wayne is the snakeskin guitar.

Comment

music by Michael Angelo! the guy from nitro! hahah..I was just checkin' out his mpeg that someone put up awhile back on the instituteofnoise.com (line 6 products) forums from his speed kills instructional tape! man, that dude is wicked! I always used to make fun of them when I'd see the freight train video by Nitro on the headbangers ball!

and oz fox has a sig model huh? there's another dude who can play!

and they only start at 1375? I'll take two! lol...then again, that's cheaper than my lynch..BUT, one of them's enough

cool pix by the way..definetly dig that snakeskin axe
              Splawn QR
              Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
              Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
              My Gear Pix
              My SPLAWN Clips
              My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Working...
              X