#1 Holy Grail Marshall on Ebay!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #1 Holy Grail Marshall on Ebay!!!

I recently spent a bunch of time with the Splawn Quick Rod, and to my ears it doesn't sound like a modded plexi. Or at least it can't really do the plexi thing with the gain wound off. To my ears it isn't that much like the 800s I've played either. To me the QR's sounds very mid-Roth era VH in a way that I've never heard out of an 800. I can't play that amp without thinking 'Meanstreets'.
    Last edited by Hot _Grits; 02-12-2007, 05:45 PM.
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Lespaul1981 View Post
      The reason I love the splawn, like the bogner, would be to just plug in and have my rhythm and lead tones all right there w/o any pedals coloring the tone.
      The Splawns, Wizards, Roccafortes, Blockheads, Mojave Scorpion, Komet 60, and Voodoo Amps are all worth looking into.

One time when I was totally broke, I had an opportunity to get a mint old Wizard Metal or Classic, my choice for $850. I wish I could have grabbed one.

One thing I use with my Jubilee is an Alesis Nanoverb. I use it for subtle reverb, but mostly as another master volume. That way I can tweeze the sound more, and control the level. I agree about the Jubilee's FX jacks being finicky. I need to wiggle them sometimes. Maybe they need cleaned or tensioned.
      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 02-12-2007, 06:14 PM.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

bogners = orgasm in the ear
        we can be heroes

Comment

I have been toying with the idea of modding my JCM800 2204... but it sounds **** good the way it is, and I would rather spend that cash on a second amp to compliment anyway... like that mesa in my local CL!
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Arise, thread of olde!

Comment

Originally posted by b2d View Post
              arise, thread of olde!
              why!!!!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
                I have been toying with the idea of modding my JCM800 2204... but it sounds **** good the way it is, and I would rather spend that cash on a second amp to compliment anyway... like that mesa in my local CL!
                I had modded. I like the tone but it is noisy and setting are touchy. I wish my 800 was stock. A hotplate and an EQ or OD would have gotten me through it. But again I like the sound of the amp. As a tube snob at the time I had to have that extra preamp tube instead of using a pedal.
                Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
                Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
                Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
                Epiphone LP Special w/JB
                Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
                Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
                1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
                Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Working...
                X