Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game: Riffmaster 2012, volunteers who can record audio/video requested

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    I'm not treating this thread as a joke. I'm just having fun with it. That's what music is supposed to be about, at least for me it is. That's one of the reasons I started playing. I don't play the guitar to try and drop people's jaws. I never have and I never will.

You want us to make an honest effort to play something that isn't beneath our abilities. Well, I've got news for you, I'm making an honest effort just trying to figure out a band/artist and song by whatever letter is told to us....lol
    Good points. I can help you on the bands of a certain letter... go here and pick up backing tracks and peruse through the letter choices. It will give you more than a start.

Another thing you've got to realize is that I don't know that many songs by other people. I played bass in band until I was 29. We played our own music. I never even owned an electric guitar or electric guitar amp up until I was 31. When I got that guitar and amp I went straight into recording my own music.
    That is a very unique situation... and I don't mean to speak for 9unslinger or anybody else, but I'm sure if you wanna play some bass riffs, we'd all be looking forward to it.

I've never really sat and tried to learn that many cover tunes. Sure, I can play quite a few, but they're probably all wrong because I've learned them all from playing what I hear in my head, or I've heard them on a commercial or whatever. I did however play a couple of gigs with some friends about 11 years ago and I sat down and actually learned about 30 songs or so.
    You also have a family, career, life, etc... so whatever you can pull off is all good.

30 songs? That is a LOT!
    Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
      You also have a family, career, life, etc... so whatever you can pull off is all good.
      Nah, I don't really have any of that stuff.....lol. I have no problem learning a song for the game, but don't expect me to be trying to pull any songs that are to tough out of my ass, because I sure as hell can't do that. My forte' and comfort zone is in my original music.

Comment

I wanna play bass! Next week's is totally bass unless I can't come up with a good riff.

Comment

Too bad everdrone isn't on board. I love his bass playing and tone.

Comment

I just noodled on the bass. Er...I may have been a bit hasty.

Comment

You can play an Australian didgeridoo for all I care.
              It's a song game, not an electric guitar game.

Acoustic, drums, bass, keys, harmonica, violin, saxophone, as long as it's faithful to the band/artist and the track.
              AccountKiller

Comment

Hmmm... My buddy has a didgeridoo.

Comment

Re: zen
                  I'm not looking to challenge myself whatsoever with this game. My main goal is exposing people to bands I love. ...and to make dumb videos.

Also given the format, I bet most people just want to learn something simple quick and lay it down ASAP so we're not all posting our **** on sunday night. I prefer having my stuff in the day the letter is announced.
                  Originally posted by Aceman
                  It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I'm still workin' on mine. To be completely honest I've been super busy with crap around here and haven't been able to pinpoint what I'm doing by ear just yet. Gonna look up some tabs tomorrow and try and get this down. I'll have something up by Sunday!

Comment

If its not up by Sunday, the penalty is death. Did you not read the fine print?
                      Originally posted by Aceman
                      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

You SHALL have a video up by Sunday evening no later than 2359 hours!!! Or the Slenderman will get you!

Children of Bodom - Shovel Knockout

Last edited by 9unslin9er; 12-08-2012, 11:20 AM.
                        AccountKiller

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                          I dunno why, but that made me LOL!!
                          Originally posted by ex-250

Comment

Great job guys. And thanks to whomever posted the backing tracks site
                            '05 Gibson SG Standard
                            '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
                            PRS IRW McCarty
                            '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
                            82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

Not ready yet!

Nice call on the Bodom tune. I was gonna do Towards Dead End but decided on something a little outside the box.

Truthfully I might fall back on it if I can't bang this out quickly.

Comment

Getting down to the line, broseph!

Comment

Working...
                                X