NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD

I posted a thread earlier about getting an LP or similar. I shopped around and tried some different specimens new or used.

-Gibson LP studio: great condition, very light, played well, good price, just didn't have it tonewise
    -Tokai LS75: Nice guitar, but a bit lacking, didn't really inspire me, good tone though
    -LTD EC1000: Must have been a monday piece. Thin, tinny tone both acoustically and amplified. Didn't play that well either. Wouldn't take it to keep it if I got it free. Just horrible.

In the end a nice man came by with his Tokai LC85. It is the Custom model, all mahogany and rosewood, wine red and gold hardware.It felt great instantly. Very low action but still very resonant, maybe the acoustically loudest TOM/Mahogany guitar I've ever played. Plays effortlessly. Not heavy, but not light. No chambering. Great tone, meaty but clear with an additude. The clear coat has some nicks, on the back, it definitely has been played a lot.

I'm very surprised by the stock Gotoh pickups. My earlier Tokai wirh Gotohs sounded a bit like it had the cold. The pickups may have been a different model. The guitar wasn't as nice either. Anyway, these are going to stay for now, maybe for good.

All in all I'm very pleased. I'd love to try out a better LP that didn't have a price tag spelling "crazy", but I don't see that happening.

I'll see what I can do about pics.
    There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Re: NGD

Congrats! Can't wait to see it...

Comment

Gibson = prices craziness
      Originally posted by Oinkus
      I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Tokai must be cool!

Comment

NGD

No pictures

WTF?

Comment

I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac
            Originally posted by Oinkus

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
              New sig time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
              I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

My feelings exactly on the LTD EC1000. I wouldn't take it if it were given to me.

Well...........................................may be if it were given to me.

But I certainly wouldn't buy one. There are way too many others that are so much better sounding and playing. (And I'm not talking about Gibson. But, however, even a Gibson is better than the LTD).
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                X