X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDUGF Collaboration Track

I'm game; count me in.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

This should have plenty of room for people to solo over.
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23241638/SDUGFJam.mp3

This should have plenty of room for people to solo over.
        I recorded a solo for the first two minutes or so of this one. Let me know if that will work.

Comment

2 minutes might be a bit much if there's more people who want to do it. I was thinking one E A E B A E cycle each and the next person takes off from the last persons track.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

Oh well. For what it's worth, here is the rough solo idea. Sorry for the mistakes, my finger slipped off the high E around 1:14. I can clean it up and shorten it of course, but I don't know if my ideas are any good. Let me know what you guys think.

SDUGF Test 1
            Last edited by UberMetalDood; 03-13-2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

The harmonies at the start are great, they totally transform it into something evil sounding. I was thinking maybe do them for half or 3/4 that time and condense the solo part and have it stop at about 00:45, then someone else takes the next 45 seconds and so on.

Comment

2 minutes? All I got was an 8 second clip from the backing track download. I tweaked it so it repeats evenly, though. Did I not get the whole thing?
                Originally posted by Brown Note
                I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                My Blog

Comment

No, you didn't. Try clearing cookies and re-downloading. It should be 4 minutes. Also 8 seconds isn't even one cycle.

Comment

Ok I tweaked the harmony with some arpeggios and stuff and condensed the solo. I think it came out really bad ass so give me :45 of the opening of your backing track. I'll post the rough draft in a bit.
                    Last edited by UberMetalDood; 03-12-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Here's the intro I was working on. Bb minor mostly I think.

SDGUF Collab Heavy Intro

Comment

Ok, got the whole thing this time.
                        Originally posted by Brown Note
                        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                          Here's the intro I was working on. Bb minor mostly I think.

SDGUF Collab Heavy Intro
                          That's killer, man! I don't know how I could follow that with my old school rock and blues based soloing BUT if I get a few moments, I'll totally add to that.
                          Last edited by 75lespaul; 03-15-2012, 08:31 PM.
                          My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                          or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

I'm all for this! I've got a Line 6 UX1 coming from a guy on here so I can finally start recording again. Whenever that gets here I'm immediately catching up on some past-due collabs then I'm jumping on this.

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
                              That's killer, man! I don't know how I could follow that with my old school rock and blues bases soloing BUT if I get a few moments, I'll totally add to that.
                              Thanks man. I don't consider my self a metal player either so give it a go. I'm looking forward to hearing some of you pros rip it up.

Comment

Out of curiosity what is the chord progression? I have some ideas brewing for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X