The Official April 2K18 SDUGF Modding Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official April 2K18 SDUGF Modding Contest

Here's some clips of random noodling. All are the same setup with same amp settings. Only difference is the guitar controls. They're in the sets of 4 different tones per clip.

https://soundcloud.com/user-37896057...odding-contest

Here's the clips explained:

parallel: 1 Bridge/middle 2 Bridge tap/Middle 3 Bridge tap/neck 4 Bridge/Neck out-of-phase (all with "dark" circuit)

series: 1 Bridge/Middle 2 Bridge tap/Middle 3 Bridge/Middle 4 Bridge/Middle out-of-phase (all with "bright" circuit except out-of-phase)

single: 1 Neck 2 Middle 3 Bridge 4 Bridge tap (neck and middle with "bright" circuit, bridge with "dark" circuit)

clean stuff: Bridge tap, bridge/middle and neck only are used variably.

Signal line:
    Guitar -> Boss FV-500H -> EHX Worm -> Egnater Rebel 20 -> G12H30 1x12 cab

I've set up the guitar to be used with Volume pedal and EHX Worm as treble booster since their always there, so I opted to use them here as well.

EDIT: Moved the clips here to make "entry post" less crammed.
    Last edited by Jacew; 04-28-2018, 03:39 AM.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Due to the requests and PMs of multiple people, I have extended the contest until the end of May. That way we can have more participation. Sorry for all the changes, this stuff should have been nailed down in planning.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Hmmm trying to figure how to post a pic since my pics are in photobucket..

My white Charvel pro mod.

Tuning keys changed from black to pearloid.
        Dunlop straplocks.
        Screws in locking nut, and floyd all changed to stainless steel.
        Fine tuners on the floyd changed to brass.
        The string lock blocks in the saddles all changed to Titanium.
        Floyd upgraded with a large brass block, and noiseless springs.
        Black pickguard changed to a purple mirror pickguard.
        Black Dimarzios changed to a Duncan Jazz neck, 59/Custom hybrid bridge.
        Black knurled knob changed to white strat knob.
        Volume pot changed to EVH Low Friction pot.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

GREAT!!!!! i stop checking the forum a couple weeks and a modded guitars contest appears dang! guess entries are closed aren't they?

well **** happens

Comment

'Sokay. I think Ace ran away with it.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EDX View Post
              GREAT!!!!! i stop checking the forum a couple weeks and a modded guitars contest appears dang! guess entries are closed aren't they?

well **** happens
              Actually, it’s open until the end of May so get your ass in here! [emoji12]
              Originally posted by The Commodores?
              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

My bad.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Eh might as well. Some people will only barely call it modded but:

'07 American Deluxe/Select with a Demon and a Stack Plus neck (these pics are old, I removed the Scorcher.) Single 500k volume.

Last edited by Silence Kid; 05-04-2018, 11:50 PM.
                  Originally posted by King Buzzo
                  I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

well i will put my v on here

Click image for larger version

Name:	305617_132711283528814_687779375_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	5806460

that's how my washburn psv2200b looked new, this model is the import version of the washburn psv2000 and i got it for my 15th birthday (i asked for cash as birthday present and added my savings to buy the guitar, fx pedal and amp pictured) so now let's see what i've done to it:

• Output jack re-route, from the inner side of the lower wing to the pickguard.
                    • strap pin re-route, from 'tween the wings to the tip of the upper wing.
                    • new saddles with stainless steel height bolts.
                    • graphtech black tusq xl nut, filed it some to fit on the guitar.
                    • control cavity shielding.
                    • full rewire (done that a couple times), it currently sports 2 push/pull pots wired for blower switch and series parallel along with a push button killswitch.
                    • sanded off the back of the neck to raw wood and finished it with machine oil (i'm too cheap to even buy linseed oil).
                    • also i re-shaped the back of the neck to a soft asymmetric contour.
                    • Installed a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker.
                    • done some paintwork on the back and where the output jack used to be, it was kinda crappy so i just covered it on duct tape and reflector tape.
                    • changed the rusting dome knobs for speed knobs, hacked the vol one with a soldering iron dime-style and put beer bottlecaps on them with hot glue, also sanded the bottlecaps a bit so they can't hurt, only give grip.
                    • put some iommi cross inlay stickers on the fretboard to make it extra cool, also while rewiring and messing with the jack i broke and f'ed up the pickguard so after some super glue i decided it just looked like crap so i got a cool illustration off the internet, printed it on the right size and pasted it covering the f*cked up part.

this is how it looks now:

Name:	20180220_212241.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	5806461

Name:	20180220_213231.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	5806462

Name:	20180220_213004.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	5806463

i will post some clips and fresh pics later

funny this contest came up right now as i was panning on adding a trem unit on my v, and since i got a router base for my dremmel i can install just about anything.

Comment

Not sure if this applies, I have posted pics of this guitar before. My highly modded 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme, Seymour Duncan 59/JB, gold metal pickup surrounds, gold brass roller bridge, gold brass tailpiece, TonePros locking studs, Schaller gold metal pickup selector switch tip, Schaller strap locks and vintage style control knobs.
                      IMG_0404.JPG
                      IMG_0406.JPG
                      The guitar originally cost me $3400.00 and I found out later that the Supreme isn't quite the collectable that I thought. It was no problem modding this guitar into something better than what it was. Maybe too much bling for some but there is not another guitar in the world like this one.

I am unable to post photos somehow.
                      Last edited by Jeffblue; 05-09-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
                        Not sure if this applies, I have posted pics of this guitar before. My highly modded 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme, Seymour Duncan 59/JB, gold metal pickup surrounds, gold brass roller bridge, gold brass tailpiece, TonePros locking studs, Schaller gold metal pickup selector switch tip, Schaller strap locks and vintage style control knobs.
                        /Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0404.jpg
                        /Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0406.jpg

The guitar originally cost me $3400.00 and I found out later that the Supreme isn't quite the collectable that I thought. It was no problem modding this guitar into something better than what it was. Maybe too much bling for some but there is not another guitar in the world like this one.
                        The pictures won't load, but it sounds like something I need to see.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                          The pictures won't load, but it sounds like something I need to see.
                          I wish I were able to post the photos. It is beautiful if I am allowed to say.
                          Last edited by Jeffblue; 05-09-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	5806502

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	5806504

FINALLY! I figured out how to upload my photos. Sorry for the last fuzzy pic. Here is my custom modded Les Paul Supreme.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Jeffblue; 05-09-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I used to have several photos in my album on this site but Photobucket tried to extort payment from me and I won't have it. So I had to figure another way to upload pics from my computer.

Comment

I recently just finished this one up the other day, so I'll submit it for your careful consideration.

Name:	Screenshot_20180112-181834.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	5806507

She's a PRS SE Semi-hollow that I bought real cheap sans electronics, but with the cool paint appointments. All I did was change out the tuners for some quality locking tuners and replaced the pickups with a JB in the bridge and a Distortion neck model, added a Shadow Killpot, and replaced the three way switch with a Freeway switch so that I can have plenty of coil split options.

I don't have any sound clips of it, but I can tell you it sounds pretty good for being my first project. It also came with a pretty nice finish and taper on the neck, which was nice given I got it for $200 plus mods making a total cost of around $350.

Comment

Working...
                                X