Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rack tuners?

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    It would have to be airplane mode for me.
    Yeah, that's what I do.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My TU-2 is one of the first pedals I ever bought, and it isn't giving any indication is ready to die, so I'll let it continue to do its job.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
        My TU-2 is one of the first pedals I ever bought, and it isn't giving any indication is ready to die, so I'll let it continue to do its job.
        -and there aren't compelling reasons to ever replace a TU2 -unless your eyes go so bad you need a bigger display.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

It really all depends on what you want to use it for. I wouldn't want to deal with lugging around racks for shows. On stage a pedal works fine for me. At home or in the studio, I'd recommend getting a Peterson StroboPlus HD. It's accurate, easy to use, and not too expensive. Only about $125. It's not a pretty as a rack, but it does the job.
          "In the hair metal days, I didn't want to learn how to play guitar for the girls. I wanted to make noise and make people mad."

-James Hetfield

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            Honestly, the TC electronics strobe function is WAY more accurate on paper than the Peterson Strobe or others
            It didn't completely click in my brain what you were saying here, 'til toneking mentioned the StroboPlus HD. That caused me to look at the actual specs. The TC Polytune does +/- .05% in strobe mode. The Peterson does .1% and the Korg is at 1%. As much as the Korg eyecandy would be "fun", I already own the Polytune. Now I just need to dig into the manual and see how to activate the strobe function. I've only used it in chromatic mode.

Edit: The manual for the Polytune claims .02 cents accuracy. Hmmm.
            Last edited by ArtieToo; 02-29-2020, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              A rack tuner would be great fixed on a bench. I don't think I'd want to drag out racks to gigs anymore, though.
              Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Meh

All a rack tuner will do is show you your actual tuning in more detail than you, your tuners, your intonation, or your ears have the ability to deal with.

Strobe for fun tweeting to infinity at home? Go for it. Live? Better/faster ways today.
              I have one on the bench I use for doing my intonation. A luthier showed me a trick once that I swear by. He had three rack tuners one set fast, one slow and one in the middle. He adjusted the intonation by using all three. I use the rack and two pedals, sometimes a clip-on is added to the mess.

Comment

Peterson StroboRack. Well worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                X