New guitar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New guitar question

That's a nice Strat. Honestly, I'd keep that as it is. Find new music to play on it that isn't tied to EC.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Here's another thought. I scored the EC Roadhouse Strat from a forum bro quite awhile back. He removed the active tone control circuit. (I would have too.) But that left a Strat with a built-in battery box. Enter the Duncan LiveWire II Classic Strat set. A match made in heaven. It's one of my favorite guitars. Killer Stratocaster tone, and all noiseless.

My 2-cents worth.
      Artie

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
        Like the toes

That's a Squire, Epiphone, Agile, and what is the semihollow
        I cant quite read that
        83 Squire
        Epi SG
        Agile 3000
        Les Paul standard semi hollow

Toes were done by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Outa_Tune View Post
          I will say that the new Strat smokes my old one for playability. The neck is in another league for ease of fretting clean notes quickly, feel and overall speed.
          If the new Strat clearly bests your old Strat in terms of feel, comfort and playability - like it sounds like you are saying - then you should keep the new strat and bring in the old one (plus other guitars from your existing collection that you're not hot about) as trade-ins towards the Tele you want. In the long run, comfort and playability are the most important characteristics, in my opinion. You'd also be making your wife "right" in the process by keeping the new Strat - that goes a long way, too.
          Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

By the way, the single layer pickguard is the older type, used on the original 50's Strats. The multilayer PG came later.
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiwoof View Post
              By the way, the single layer pickguard is the older type, used on the original 50's Strats. The multilayer PG came later.
              Al
              Good to know, I thought they just cheap'd out.

Comment

Lol, my wife bought me the guitar and said please get something else if this is not exactly what you want. She is fine with me changing it, she want's me to be happy, not to settle for something she picked with no guitar knowledge.
                Either you haven't been married very long, or you don't understand women, or both.

Men think literally. Women think emotionally. A woman will say that to please her man. But if you take her up on it, it will break her heart. She felt very special giving that gift to someone who she feels very special about. Don't ruin your relationship by selling/trading that guitar for anything else and justifying your actions by..."she said I could".
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Just for the record I'm keeping the new Strat. I've been playing it a lot and it just plays soooooo good, and has a great range of different sounds. We've bonded.

Thing that sucks is I now realize how "average" my other guitars play, and on a few I don't like the tone. I actually just finished swapping pup's on my old strat to the everything axe setup, and now I don't like it that much, sounds bland. Think it's gonna get a new neck, conversion to HH and make it my Priest, Ozzy and Sabbath guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                    Either you haven't been married very long, or you don't understand women, or both.

Men think literally. Women think emotionally. A woman will say that to please her man. But if you take her up on it, it will break her heart. She felt very special giving that gift to someone who she feels very special about. Don't ruin your relationship by selling/trading that guitar for anything else and justifying your actions by..."she said I could".
                    Come on dude.....nobody understands women. (BTW, Married for 31 years)

Comment

You now, women and me, and me and women... Bwoah.

But you are jokig here, right? I mean, thinking about selling such a fine wonderful gift by your woman. And thinking that it doesn't harm her.

I mean... Dude what's wrong with you?
                      Wackor
                      Ørdøg
                      NecroPolo
                      Diabolus in Musica
                      SIDrip Alliance
                      Book of Shadows
                      RKH

Comment

Originally posted by NecroPolo View Post
                        You now, women and me, and me and women... Bwoah.

But you are jokig here, right? I mean, thinking about selling such a fine wonderful gift by your woman. And thinking that it doesn't harm her.

I mean... Dude what's wrong with you?
                        Way more than can be discussed on an internet forum.

I've been married for >31 years, and known her for almost 40, I think I am a good judge of her by now.

Comment

I've been married to my wife for 5 Earth years.
                          I've known her for substantially longer.
                          Somehow.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha. I think everyone in the thread is jealous of your wife. The best thing that you can do is play as many guitars as you can. Test them out and get a feel for their playability and sound. Trust me. When you pick up the right one. You'll know.
                            My Axes:

Dean Razorback ML Dime Slime, ESP E-II Eclipse, 1975 Fender Strat,

"Ever since I saw Eddie play when I was a kid, I knew I wanted to learn guitar. After 15 years of playing, I though I would be better by now."

-Me

Comment

She is not going to be hurt, she want's me to get the one I want. Trust me, after being married 31 years, we don't play those games anymore..
                              Doesn't matter if you've been married for 61 years. It's not about games. No one ever thought you were playing games. It's about basic differences of the sexes...no matter what she says. Ever read "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus"? That's not fiction. It's not games. It's nature.

The fact that you made that statement about games tells me that you think like a man...logical, factual, unemotional, everything at face value, no hidden messages. You obviously don't get it. You don't understand women.

You'll hurt her feelings.
                              Last edited by GuitarDoc; 06-26-2019, 06:10 PM.
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by jbake View Post
                                Haha. I think everyone in the thread is jealous of your wife. The best thing that you can do is play as many guitars as you can. Test them out and get a feel for their playability and sound. Trust me. When you pick up the right one. You'll know.
                                Welcome to the forum
                                Please post a new thread with that guitar in your avatar
                                That looks gorgeous
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X