P90 for Jazz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P90 for Jazz?

Thanks. It’s in really rough shape, but that neck is super sexy. If you’re ever in the SW Ohio area, hit me up and you can take it for a spin.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
      Thanks. It’s in really rough shape, but that neck is super sexy. If you’re ever in the SW Ohio area, hit me up and you can take it for a spin.
      Thank you! I did check your location to see if you were anywhere in Cali by chance lol

Comment

Love a P90 neck Jazz tone. Fat, cutting, awesome.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I put a stacked p90 set in both positions of a epi Les Paul awhile back. It’s a 55 custom one with Gibson p90’s so it was good sounding, my main complaint was the bridge was too thin and bright sounding.

The p90 stacks are noiseless in series and parallel, the parallel sounding p90 and the series getting humbuckerish sounds. The problem I had was neither were great, the p90 sound lost some of the complexity and sparkle it had. the series humbucker sound was pafish but not amazing, just ok. I was not blown away by either. Maybe swapping out the ceramic mags for an a5 would help some.

A better choice would have been get the kinman set which is p90 only but noiseless or get a hotter bridge and live with the noise. At least for me.

Comment

Working...
          X