banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New songwriting demo -- DAWN BATTLE, PART 1 (prog, orchestral)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New songwriting demo -- DAWN BATTLE, PART 1 (prog, orchestral)

Songwriting has begun for the next As Follows album. This is the songwriting demo for the song DAWN BATTLE.

EDIT: Here are all three sections:

Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 12-30-2018, 08:45 AM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: New songwriting demo -- DAWN BATTLE, PART 1 (prog, orchestral)

I really like that a lot, it flows really nice and its really gets some imagery going cause I was picturing the whole battle. Great job, can't wait to hear more.
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

My fav so far.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        I really like that a lot, it flows really nice and its really gets some imagery going cause I was picturing the whole battle. Great job, can't wait to hear more.
        Thanks for checking it out, glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
          My fav so far.

Thanks for listening and posting feedback!

Comment

Completed the second section yesterday -- one more section to go!

Comment

Almost has a kind of Jethro Tull feel to me on some of it in particular that first section. Cool stuff!
              Listened to a few of your pieces makes me want to go back to some of my prog roots and play with stuff like that again. Never really fleshed much of it out but here is one of mine from a nasty board mix live back in the mid 90's. Only played it out a couple times and never really got this one where I wanted it and put it down in the studio though. https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/...songID=2478667
              Last edited by Ascension; 12-26-2018, 10:34 AM.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                Almost has a kind of Jethro Tull feel to me on some of it in particular that first section. Cool stuff!
                Listened to a few of your pieces makes me want to go back to some of my prog roots and play with stuff like that again.
                Yes! Do it!

Never really fleshed much of it out but here is one of mine from a nasty board mix live back in the mid 90's. Only played it out a couple times and never really got this one where I wanted it and put it down in the studio though. https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/...songID=2478667
                Reminds me of a few bands: Trapeze, Crimson Glory, and Fates Warrning. You should finish it!

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  Yes! Do it!

Reminds me of a few bands: Trapeze, Crimson Glory, and Fates Warrning. You should finish it!
                  Interesting you would mention Trapeze as an old friend of mine Tommy Carter played with them for a little while! Honored by that my friend!
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Finally had a few hours to write the last part of this monster! I will update the OP when I have a chance with all three parts, but here's the third and final part:

This part is the most challenging, it uses some pretty weird time sigs and the syncopation gets pretty intense, as well as some of the harmonies between the horns and strings.

Comment

Working...
                    X