• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 riff, 22 amps!

Originally posted by loziodavid View Post
    4 hours to render a 15 minutes video?
    You definitely need a new video card
    On my workstation the render times are 1:1, 1 minute of rendering for 1 minute video, and I have only a cheap and outdated AMD HD6970.
    Render times have increased since I started working in 4K. The video is almost half an hour long. I do have a pretty cheap video card though... I'm not an expert on the technical side.
    Last edited by Guitarjon; 11-02-2019, 02:50 PM.
    Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
    OwnHammer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarjon View Post
      Render times have increased since I started working in 4K. The video is almost half an hour long. I do have a pretty cheap video card though... I'm not an expert on the technical side.
      bear in mind that probably 90% of your audience will consume your video in a resolution below 1080. and most well below that.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        bear in mind that probably 90% of your audience will consume your video in a resolution below 1080. and most well below that.
        Of course! But I want to enjoy the look of my videos and be future proof!

OwnHammer.com

Comment

I hear you man....always put a whole lot of time & effort into mine to get them just right

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I agree, this is why I shot at 1080p.
            4K contents requires a 4K screen, that is not common on desktop and laptop PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
              I hear you man....always put a whole lot of time & effort into mine to get them just right

Haha! That was awesome!

I personally watch a lot of youtube from my couch on my 4K tv.

OwnHammer.com

Comment

4K actually plays fine on 1080P monitors on PCs. And looks noticably better than native 1080P. Thankfully, there's fallbacks to 1080P and lower if you are on a metered plan. Or if the streaming server is choking on higher quality (buffering, buffering... buffer... ing??....)...

I tend to pick 4K if given a choice, difference tends to be very noticable, though it depends on the source material. A lot of the problem is of course streaming companies mangling quality excessively. A better quality 1080P stream could greatly reduce the difference.

Comment

Regardless of the nitpicks about them sounding the same or not being isolated or whatever else, I think what you're doing is awesome and really helpful for anyone looking at purchasing one of these amps. We're definitely getting a lot more here than we're paying for, so thank you for your effort and generosity.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                    Regardless of the nitpicks about them sounding the same or not being isolated or whatever else, I think what you're doing is awesome and really helpful for anyone looking at purchasing one of these amps. We're definitely getting a lot more here than we're paying for, so thank you for your effort and generosity.
                    Thank you! I appreciate your comments! You wouldn't believe the hate I got haha. Can't please everyone.
                    I think I'm going to make a quick video with some isolated parts to show some people that the amps do sound pretty different, because they do.

OwnHammer.com

Comment

I got some comments from guys who thought that all my amps sound exactly the same. That was pretty surprising to me actually since I can hear pretty significant differences even though that wasn't really the goal of the video. I thought I would address all of that in a quick video (some isolated A/B sound examples are included). I would love to know (to the guys who gave those comments): do you still think they sound the same?

Check it out:

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Curious, Guitarjon: What are your favorites and your least favorites? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          Curious, Guitarjon: What are your favorites and your least favorites? Why?
                          My least favorite is very easy, it's the Dark Terror. I actually traded that for a Marshall DSL20HR a few days ago because I couldn't get it to sound good to save my life. In this particular video my favorites were probably the JMP-1 (nice mids and chunk), Dual Terror (nice mids and full-ness) and the Mark V 35 (great character overall). But honestly I love all the amps for different reasons. Had I used a different guitar or song my favorite amps would have been different.

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarjon View Post
                            My least favorite is very easy, it's the Dark Terror. I actually traded that for a Marshall DSL20HR a few days ago because I couldn't get it to sound good to save my life. In this particular video my favorites were probably the JMP-1 (nice mids and chunk), Dual Terror (nice mids and full-ness) and the Mark V 35 (great character overall). But honestly I love all the amps for different reasons. Had I used a different guitar or song my favorite amps would have been different.
                            Honestly, I wonder if YOUR Dark terror may have a slight tube issue. I mean, it sounds A LOT more different than the other Terrors than I would expect without you diming some settings totally differently.

Also -have you ever tried the Marshall SV20H? I was crazy impressed with it.
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Honestly, I wonder if YOUR Dark terror may have a slight tube issue. I mean, it sounds A LOT more different than the other Terrors than I would expect without you diming some settings totally differently.

Also -have you ever tried the Marshall SV20H? I was crazy impressed with it.
                              Nah, the Dark Terror is a unique-sounding amp. Much more aggressive and fizzy than the other terrors, it's cutting and sludgey at the same time. His demos sound like my Dark Terror.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

There's something about the open low E during the rising-on-the-A-string section that just bothers me on almost all of the amps. The Ironball was a notable exception, and it was probably because it just didn't have quite enough low-end definition to keep it super tight like the rest. Maybe it was the tuning, but something about that section of the riff was distracting. I'd have to go listen a third time to pick out which one or two mushed the notes together a little bit too.

I really liked the full-size Recto, and I really liked the JCM2000. Again, thanks for putting it together. Very cool idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X