banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil 59 for Tele in Parallel Mode Rocks the House!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil 59 for Tele in Parallel Mode Rocks the House!

Well, I went ahead and changed out the wiring to be parallel fulltime. Man what a difference! It's still smooth, fat, and loud; but realy cuts through. Honestly, it reminds me of a DiMarzio Fred. Here's the diagram I used.

-Butch

Re: Lil 59 for Tele in Parallel Mode Rocks the House!

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
    Well, I went ahead and changed out the wiring to be parallel fulltime. Man what a difference! It's still smooth, fat, and loud; but realy cuts through. Honestly, it reminds me of a DiMarzio Fred. Here's the diagram I used.

Thought that might help a lil' !
    Guitars:
    2017 Epiphone dot
    2007 Fender Strat (Andrew Robertson Pickups "Black strat set")
    2015/19 Fender fat telecaster
    (Andrew robertson pickups broadcaster/ Duncan 59n)

Peavey Classic 50 head/ Peavey Classic 410e cab

Comment

LOL! I just wired my Tele as an Esquire using the Lil59 and the SD "Esquire w/humbucker" diagram; started playing, sounded good but rather bassy, switched to "middle" position for split sound which was clear and bright and not too thin, then switched to "neck" for parallel position - wow, sounded so good I thought I had the wiring backwards! I think I might go ahead and really wire it backwards so "bridge" is parallel and "middle" is split - it will be those sounds that will get the most use for sure.

Dano
      EVH: "I'm a tone chaser... I love chasin' tone!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-ola View Post
        LOL! I just wired my Tele as an Esquire using the Lil59 and the SD "Esquire w/humbucker" diagram; started playing, sounded good but rather bassy, switched to "middle" position for split sound which was clear and bright and not too thin, then switched to "neck" for parallel position - wow, sounded so good I thought I had the wiring backwards! I think I might go ahead and really wire it backwards so "bridge" is parallel and "middle" is split - it will be those sounds that will get the most use for sure.

Dano
        Off topic, But I wouldnt mind making an esquire with this wiring and a p-rail.

Versitle, yet simple.
        Guitars:
        2017 Epiphone dot

Comment

It cuts through more than in series? How does this happen? Usually parallel is smoother than series in full humbuckers. Like in an Invader it actually tames it in parallel mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
            It cuts through more than in series? How does this happen? Usually parallel is smoother than series in full humbuckers. Like in an Invader it actually tames it in parallel mode.
            I think that was in reference to it having more treble and presence than in series mode.
            Guitars:
            2017 Epiphone dot

Comment

Glad to hear that you are still having fun with guitars Butch.

I agree. With a switch for series/parallel, the little 59 is pretty versatile. In parallel you get a bit of single coil sound.
              My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                I agree. With a switch for series/parallel, the little 59 is pretty versatile. In parallel you get a bit of single coil sound.
                I have it wired to be parallel all the time. In series, it was just toooooo fat. In parallel, it sounds very close to a DiMarzio Fred model; which is one of my favorite humbuckers hands-down.....
                -Butch

Comment

Working...
                X