Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Gibson Lineup

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Something like this maybe. I'd buy one from Gibson if they built it right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92653[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92656[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92655[/ATTACH]
    Whoa! Those are HOT!!!!

Comment

What is the neck like on those Dean hardtails compared to a Gibson 60's neck?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Why did it take so long to sculpt the heal down?

And what's wrong with a tummy cut?

The thinner body on the Lite series was awesome
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
          What are those???they are gorgeous!!!!
          They are, thank you. I still own the top and bottom one, they are keepers. Darg1911 is right, all USA Dean Hardtail's

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
          Dean Hardtails. All USA's I think.
          Nice memory Darg.

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
          What is the neck like on those Dean hardtails compared to a Gibson 60's neck?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
          The necks on the standard USA model, the Cherry Burst, is a thinner C shape, but not as thin as say a Warmoth standard thin. It's been a while since I played a 60's Gibson neck, but these are just a hair wider at 1 11/16th at the nut. The neck feel is similar enough to a Gibson 60's though as to not be extremely different. The neck on the middle and last one, the Spalted Maple, is a very soft V, and it's extremely comfortable. My favorite neck shape honestly. All of the Dean necks I've played, except one, have been thinner as opposed to thicker and very fast feeling. I haven't played much of their vintage stuff, but Dean's necks all seem geared towards fast, thinner and comfortable. Not thin like an Ibanez though. Maybe around .75-.80 at the 1st fret and no more than .85 ish at the 12th. 16" radius if I remember correctly.

The ebony boards, jumbo frets and lack of binding make them feel super smooth and quick. The 3/4" thick carved maple cap and Honduran mahogany bodies (used from 02-05 approx.) give them a tone similar to a LP, but with slightly less wool, more clarity and some added brightness. Dean really used top quality woods and hardware the first few years. I love love love my 57' RI LP, but if forced to choose I'd keep the Hardtail's.
          Last edited by Jeff_H; 09-16-2018, 10:29 PM.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            Whoa! Those are HOT!!!!
            Thanks man. I thought I quoted you in my post above, but didn't want to leave you out. I figured I'd posted these enough over the years that people might be sick of seeing them. I never get tired of looking at and playing them though.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              Yet when Gibson did both last year, it was met with rotten responses.
              the thing with their quick connectors is that the only pickups you could use with it were Gibson pickups. if there was a system that would allow you to plug other pups into, THAT would be cool..
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                I vaguely remember somebody inventing this. Possibly in the late 80’s early 90’s. Iirc, it never caught on. Something tells me George Lynch was involved...?
                It seems to me that there was a guitar that had sliding pickups, but I cant recall the brand name. But it seems it was one with the clear acrylic body.
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                  It seems to me that there was a guitar that had sliding pickups, but I cant recall the brand name. But it seems it was one with the clear acrylic body.
                  I remember there was a Dan Armstrong (Ampeg) clear acrylic guitar.
                  There was also another one that had some popularity but I can’t remember the name.

Comment

just a note for reference....GC is probably one of the biggest seller of electric guitars...here is what they say the 5 most poular are:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/riffs/b...ectric-guitars

funny, 3 Gibsons make the list...where are all these other guitars that are taking away Gibson's market share???
                    Perhaps I live under a rock, but it seems surprising to me that the SG is Gibson's best seller. It seems to me that
                    I see far more guys playing and/or talking about buying Les Pauls..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                      Perhaps I live under a rock, but it seems surprising to me that the SG is Gibson's best seller. It seems to me that
                      I see far more guys playing and/or talking about buying Les Pauls..
                      I see way more LPs than SGs, as well. I don't know if I'd trust what GC says their top seller is.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Gibson says the SG is their all time best selling guitar:
                        http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle...ndard-414.aspx

Comment

Gibson says the SG is their all time best selling guitar:
                          http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle...ndard-414.aspx
                          I believe it based on cost alone. An SG Standard is half the cost of a LP Standard and significantly less than a Traditional or Classic.

Comment

That SG thing is odd, at least going off secondary market availability... are they much more likely keepers or something?

Or are they counting Epiphone sales?
                            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                              That SG thing is odd, at least going off secondary market availability... are they much more likely keepers or something?

Or are they counting Epiphone sales?
                              my guess is they are doing it by flavor....SG Standard is pretty solid one flavor vs several flavors of Les Paul...if they counted all Les Paul vs SG Les Paul would probably be on top...

Comment

my guess is they are doing it by flavor....SG Standard is pretty solid one flavor vs several flavors of Les Paul...if they counted all Les Paul vs SG Les Paul would probably be on top...
                                That's probably right.

Comment

Working...
                                X