Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show Off Your FENDER Amps!

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
    What color is that Tele? Faded white? Tinted white? Desert sand? My Esquire is Desert Sand, and I've never seen another except online.
    I think the body is actually just an AllParts blonde body that I got from someone on here. The neck is just a Squire neck that I got from somebody on here. That whole Tele probably totals $250 or less lol, but it is seriously one of my favorite guitars. I love that guitar to death.
    Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
    I dig the wood!

Comment

Man, I am seriously craving some nice Fender Ampage. This thread is not good for my health.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
        Man, I am seriously craving some nice Fender Ampage. This thread is not good for my health.
        Nothing like the tone of a great Fender amp! There's an original '57 Champ in the local guitar shop. I've been drooling over that one for weeks now!

He's always got some cool stuff in there, some of it rare. Twins, Deluxes, Pro's, etc. He's even got one of these little numbers!

It's a Fender Bassman 20. Dual 6v6 power tubes and a simple tone stack. It's a unique sounding little amp. I'd kinda like it to plug my upright bass into
        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Wow, man. I've never even seen one of those. God, it looks awesome...
          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by jcthejester13 View Post
            I think the body is actually just an AllParts blonde body that I got from someone on here. The neck is just a Squire neck that I got from somebody on here. That whole Tele probably totals $250 or less lol, but it is seriously one of my favorite guitars. I love that guitar to death.
            Very pretty guitar...and such a deal!

If you can see the grain of the wood through it, and it is anywhere from a milky white to a creamy see-through yellow-white, it is blond. I highly doubt Allparts ever did Desert Sand. Your's really looks like Desert Sand in those photos, though.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 09-30-2011, 11:09 AM.
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post

This thread is not good for my financial health.
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                I just have to say that I made this pic my desktop background. Anytime I see cool gear pics, I make it my wallpaper for a few weeks.
                Wow, cool! Thanks man! I'm honored!
                -
                My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Very pretty guitar...and such a deal!

If you can see the grain of the wood through it, and it is anywhere from a milky white to a creamy see-through yellow-white, it is blond. I highly doubt Allparts ever did Desert Sand. Your's really looks like Desert Sand in those photos, though.
                  Thanks dude. It is actually a really great guitar to have around. You can't see the wood grain through the finish so there is a good chance that it is the color your are describing.
                  I dig the wood!

Comment

Running this one through a 1X12 extension cab with Eminence C-Rex speaker.

Don't get a chance to use this one as much as I'd like but when I do it's better than Gumbo.

Comment

Thanks dude. It is actually a really great guitar to have around. You can't see the wood grain through the finish so there is a good chance that it is the color your are describing.
                      I notice in your pix that the finish is wearing like lacquer where the right arm rubs the edge. But I didn't think Allparts sprayed lacquer. I've never seen a poly guitar wear like that unless it had a lacquer overcoat.
                      Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                        Are you serious? I own a '66 Blackface bassman, but have littel to know experience with it ( while awaiting a recap) and from have just only payed it a few times before taking it out of service, I thought the forte of those Bassman amps were thier Ovedriven Crunchy sound, which was great as all getout..but I don't remeber much headroom or great cleans compared to say, a Pro Reverb or Dlx- although the Dlx is prone top break up earl;y as well like the Bassman.
                        As the owner of a Silverface Bassman (blackface guts) I can say that mine has not only more than sufficient clean headroom, but it also has a wonderful breakup. As Christian said, however, by that point it's loud as HELL. Using my Esquire (broadcaster bridge), the normal channel won't get serious breakup unless it's on 9 or 10.

My Fender - drip-edge Bassman. I was lucky enough to get a matching cab nearly half a year after I got the amp. I stuck two hemp-cone V30's I found on Craigslist in the cab and never looked back (especially since I got it unloaded )

This thing is MASSIVE. Yes, it sounds incredibly huge, but I also mean that it's gigantic. The cabinet alone is 40"x30". For two speakers. TWO. But god, does it sound good. The bass channel is modded to be exactly what the normal channel isn't. Where the normal channel is clean, bright, and mid scooped, the bass channel is gainy, cutting, and mid boosted. I can't wait to get an A/B box so I can stomp switch between them. It takes my Box of Rock and Nobels ODR-1 beautifully. I lurves it.
                        Custom neck-thru strat
                        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                        1995 PRS CE24
                        D'avanzo #8
                        Breedlove Solo Concert
                        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I notice in your pix that the finish is wearing like lacquer where the right arm rubs the edge. But I didn't think Allparts sprayed lacquer. I've never seen a poly guitar wear like that unless it had a lacquer overcoat.
                          To be totally honest, I can't remember who the manuf. of the body is. Maybe it isn't Allparts. I would have to take the neck off to say for certain, but I have no idea right off the top of my head. I am 75% sure it isn't a Fender body though.
                          I dig the wood!

Comment

1965 Vibro Champ

1964 6G2 Princeton and 1965 6G15 Reverb Unit

Comment

To be totally honest, I can't remember who the manuf. of the body is. Maybe it isn't Allparts. I would have to take the neck off to say for certain, but I have no idea right off the top of my head. I am 75% sure it isn't a Fender body though.
                              No big deal; I was just curious whether or not Allparts sprays lacquer now. From what I remember form several years ago, they did not offer it (nor did Warmoth).
                              Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by erksin View Post
                                1965 Vibro Champ

1964 6G2 Princeton and 1965 6G15 Reverb Unit

Two of my favorite amps of all time. I gig with my '60's CBS Princeton Reverb often, and I hope to get a Vibro Champ some day. They have become stupidly expensive, though.
                                Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X